5. Party continued

"And no I can't take one more step towards you, 'cause all that's waiting is regret," I nail all the notes! Yes! I really feel the words rolling off my tongue as I sing them.

I imagine myself going through this heartbreak like the singer did. I lock eyes with as many people as possible and, as usual when I sing, their eyes are slightly misted over. Looking as though they're in this world, but at the same time somewhere else.

As long as I remember whenever I sang people have acted like this. From as far as I know this isn't normal for either humans or mermaids. It's a special trait that's all my own.

As I go through my last phrase of the song, I really go all out and hit every note perfectly. I finish my last note and just stand there. People start to blink, their eyes look as if they're just waking up from a long dream. Even my friends, who should be used to my singing, look stunned. Slowly the crowd starts to clap. The claps crescendo in both sound as speed until the whole audience is cheering for me. Some people whistle and shout. I blush. I don't sing too often because I get embarrassed by the attention.

Dan, whom is looking very shocked, comes back on the stage. He eventually silences the crowd. ''Thank you very much Clair. That was truly spectacular. If I had to choose the better singer between you and Christina, I'd have to say you. Wouldn't you agree?'' Dan says through the conkshell. I blush once again.

Dan continues. 'What a talented young lady we have here! Is there anything you'd like to say for yourself?" I lean over to speak into the conkshell.

''Thank you!'' I squeak into the shell and then scamper off to my friends as the crowd gives their appreciation once more. Making me blush as red as an apple.

''Oh my gosh! You were awesome!'' Squeals Patch as I reach them.

''When you were on stage so many guys were checking you out! If it wasn't for the one true love thing you would've been smothered!'' Giggles Bella.

''Thanks. I'm feeling sort of bummed though. Singing makes me so tired. Could we relax for a while? Maybe head out soon?'' I ask. The twins glance at each other uncertainly. Uh-oh. These two have something else in store for me. I can just feel it.

''Oh no. What have you two troublesome twins have planned for me now? You're going to take me somewhere, aren't you? '' I laugh. They hesitantly laugh. I feel like I'm dead on. Judging by their looks I've hit a bulls-eye. 'So where are we going?" I ask.

"It's a surprise! We're not going to tell you!'' Patch proclaims.

''We can't leave yet because where we're going doesn't open for another hour and a half.'' Adds Bella. Looks like they've got the whole evening planned out. I sigh. I really do feel exhausted but I want my friends to enjoy their night too.

"What do we do for the rest of the time then?" I ask. Bells grins wickedly. "Have a little fun." Bella wiggles her eyebrows suggestively. I laugh and say,

"You guys are too much!" We then proceed to head off for some drinks.

***Sorry guys, this is a short chapter. After such a long wait too!! Hopefully the next one will be longer! Vote, comment, Fan!!! ****