Days gone by...

Sofia's POV

Happy Luke is my favorite. He would get so giddy and would express out his little cute personality more. Seeing him catch up with his dad and stuff reminds me of a little kid who would talk about their whole day while absentminded-ally playing with its food.

"Hey Sofia, has Luke been taking you out on dates?" Their Dad, Marco, asked me.

"Yes, tons of times even when we weren't together yet." I chuckled.

I don't care what Luke says but all those 'friendly hangout' felt more of a date than just a hangout. My favorite one was when he took me on a picnic in a gazebo at the beach. We painted, ate some snacks, drank wine, and stayed there til the sun went down. That was the first time in a long time that I've ever felt so relaxed and at peace. Also! That was the first time I realized that I was falling for him. Hard.

"That's my boy!" He fist bumps Luke. "It's great to finally meet you. When they came to visit me. He went on and on—

"And on" Lucy added
"And on" Luis said with a full mouth of pasta.

"Okay! I think she gets it!" Luke stopped them before walking into the kitchen.

"-I saw the way he looked whenever he talked about you. I assumed that whoever this girl is, must be pretty special. I should thank you for taking care of him."

"No no. I should be the one thanking all of you for raising him. He basically took care of me ever since we met and he's never left my side, even when I was gone for awhile."

Behind Marco, I saw that Luke was leaning against the door frame smiling. He definitely heard me. I smiled back at him.

We all continued to talk and catch up with Marco, then a knock on the door came up. Luis went to go open it and revealed a bunch of other people who I've never met before. Probably some family members.

"LUCA!"
"EASTON!"

Luke ran up and picked up the little toddler, he had a huge smile on his face.

"Mi manchi, piccola! Com'era I'Italia?" Luke asked the kid.

"Molto noioso. Puoi tornare a casa quando torniamo a casa piú tardi?" (Very boring. Can you come home with us when we go home later?)

"I wish I could buddy."

"Easton, leave Luca alone. He's a very busy man. Como va, dolcezza?"
(How are you sweetie?) An older woman side hugs Luke.

"I'm good Aunt Talia."

When Easton saw me, he whispered in Luke's ear then got shy all of the sudden.

My Italian Mexican boy came up to me while holding a shy Easton in his arms.

"Easton. This is Sofia. Sofia, this is Easton my baby cousin."

"Hey! I'm not a baby." Easton pouted.

"Nice to meet you." I stuck my hand out for him to shake which he did. While trying to hide his face in Luke's shoulder.

"I think someone likes you." Luke teased.

"No????" The little one said in a high pitched tone. I laughed.

"Don't worry I like you too." I playfully wink at the little one. His face got more red.

"Should I be worried?" Luke pulled away a bit.

"Yes" Easton said confidently. We laughed out loud together.

"Cute" I ruffle his hair.

Luke put him down then grabs my hand.