IX.

Chapter Nine - Carnival

"I need your help" Kai said as he plopped himself on his sisters bed.
"I'm not helping you with trying to steal Mr. Anderson turtle" She told him.
"No, I already gave up on that" He waved it off. "What do I wear for today" he said staring at the ceiling.

"Wear what you usually wear. That's what i'm doing" Claire said as she looked through her closet.
"You said that as you were looking through your closet" He said.
"I'm trying to find the Jordan Ones i bought last year. The royal blue ones" She told him as she scavenged through the closet.

"You gave them to Vereena" He told her.
"Oh yeah huh" She said finally realizing.
"I'll just buy some new ones next week".

"Are you excited?" Kai said sitting up.
"For what? For people to see me as one of Eliot Archibald dates and girls all of a sudden being nice to me to get to him? Super" she told him.

"I don't think Eliot isn't going to make it seem like that. You have to admit it sooner to later but little sister you are going on a date" He told her.

She stayed quiet. Claire had clearly remembered every word Eliot Archibald said to her last night on the phone.
"What do you know? What happened?" Kai asked.
At moments like these he could read Claire like a book. "I can't say. It's not my place. He doesn't know" She shook it off.

Claire looked at herself in the mirror. She kept replaying last night. She shook it off and sat down waited for the text. Sooner or later she saw rocks being thrown at her window. She saw Eliot Archibald smiling at her. She smiled back and rushed down the stairs.
"Bye!" She yelled as closed the door.

"Hey" He smiled at her.
"Hey" She smiled back.
"Shall we?" He asked with his charming smile.
"Yes we shall" Claire said and they started walking towards the carnival.

As they arrived at their destination she gripped on her sleeve.
"Hey, you okay? If you're not ready we can do something else" He asked her.
"No, I'm fine. How many tickets are we buying?" She asked.
"I'm buying at least 40, if I want to be a cliche i need to win you gift" He gave her a bright smile.

When they were first in line Eliot Archibald bought the tickets and finally went in. Booths everywhere. Side to side. Rides with bright lights.

"Where to first" He asked.
"You are being the cliche so, win me a bear Eliot Archibald" She smiled at him.
"My pleasure, Claire Valentine" He returned the smile and he walked to the first booth.

"Lovely couple! This game is simple, pop 20 balloons under fifteen seconds and you win the teddy bear you pop more you get the panda" He told them and Claire stared at the giant panda in awe.

Eliot Archibald saw how excited Claire was. He gave them two tickets and he started the timer. As soon as Eliot Archibald heard the timer he was popping balloons. In under 10 seconds he had already popped 20 balloons. When he heard the man say times up he saw that he has popped 25 balloons.

"Impressive. Lady you have a very talented man right here" He told them.
"Oh we're not-" "We're just friends-" They told him.
"Save it, it's the way he looks at you" He said as he grabbed the panda. Eliot Archibald got nervous and started to rub the back of his neck.

"Here you go" He handed him the panda.
"Have a nice night" They told him and walked off.
"This is for you" Eliot Archibald handed her the panda.
"Very cliche. Thank you. Oh look" she said and they turned to see Kai winning a stuffed turtle for Spencer.

By the smile on their faces it looked like their date was going well.
"It's about time" She said with a smile.
"I think their date is going well too" He said and they saw Scott and Vereena: arms wrapped around one another.

"We shouldn't disturb them. Where off too next?" Claire asked him.
"Are you hungry? Their funnel cakes are amazing here" He told her.
"Take me please, I love funnel cakes" She said and they went to the food section.

When he ordered they sat down at a bench sharing the funnel cake.
"You know, I can't believe I hadn't said no to you today" She said.
"So dreams do come true" he joked.
"Don't get used to it" She joked as she ate more. The powder was soon going all over her face.

"You have like..." Eliot Archibald said pointing at his face.
"Where?" She asked trying to clean it off until she realized. "This is so cliche, just clean it" She chuckled.
He grabbed a napkin and wiped it off.

"What is with us and cliche's Archibald" She said.
"Why do you do that? Call me by my full name or just my last name? I'm not no celebrity" He finally asked her.
"At the school yes you are, and I don't know. I just do" She shrugged.
"Well, Claire Valentine: I think we should play at more booth before we ride the rides" he smiled at her.

After they spent time winning prizes night fall had come. Making the rights stick out with all the lights. The booths shunning their lights.
"I love it when it's night at the carnival" Claire smiled.

"There is one ride we have to do" Eliot Archibald told her and he looked up at the ferris wheel.
"You're not gonna try to kiss me up there are you?" She joked.
"Anything can happen. We are cliche" He went along and waited in line.

The worker closed the small door and the ride started.
"I love these" She said as she smiled at the carnival.
"Thank you" She heard Eliot Archibald.
"For what?" she asked.
"Letting me take you" He smiled at her.

"Eliot Archibald I heard you last night" She told him and he stared at her in shock.
"I know I know i'm really messed up, I'm sorry for not letting you know I was awake" She rambled on.

"It's okay. At least you know now. What I really feel" He told her.
"I'm sorry for being stuck up. Not letting you in" She apologized to him. "That's okay too. Claire I know you have your reasons why you don't let people in" He told her with a small smile.

"But again thanks for letting me take you out". "So this was a date" She smiled at him. "Yeah, yeah i guess it was" he told her. She scooted closer to him, leaning her head on his shoulder. He looked down at her in shock but soon got comfortable and wrapped his arm around her.

"Speak of this to anyone" She said. "Yeah I know. Claire Valentine" He said as the ferris wheel was on its last round.