𝐍𝐎 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

- KATHERINE -

- KATHERINE -

"PLEASE RECONSIDER KATHERINE! YOU'RE MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE!" My mother, Sandra cried out from the apartment balcony. I bluntly ignored her and opened the door of the taxi. Amidst her uproar, I look back one last time at my mother shaking my head in defiance. Putting on my signature Dolce & Gabbana sunglasses I stepped inside the car, closed the door, and never looked back. Taking in the view of my home for the past ten years, was about to be no more. No emotional tears or remorse for what I was about to do. "Get me out of this place." I instructed the driver. "Right away Miss," he smiled seemingly in approval of my action. 

Thirteen hours and forty minutes.

My emancipation was not yet complete. After landing there was the routine of collecting my luggage, going through customs, and leaving to the one place I've felt safe. I didn't have much since my mother spent most of her money on booze, drugs, and men. I'm sure if she didn't get any child support from my father she would have sold me like last year's designer clothes in a heartbeat. It didn't take me long to spot my light pink suitcase which I lifted with ease off of the conveyor belt. Making my way out of LAX I was quick to call a taxi hoping that the address of my destination that I had on a postcard was still correct. After a short drive, all the memories of my early childhood years came flooding back as soon as I saw the familiar sights that immediately put a smile on my face.

Finally arriving at the destination which indeed was the house I was familiar with I tipped the taxi driver and grabbed my suitcase out of the trunk. Walking up to the front porch, I hesitated. Deciding to put all of the negative thoughts aside I gained some courage and rang the doorbell, waiting for someone to come answer the door. A few seconds later I was met face to face with Daniel LaRusso. You may know him as the former All Valley champion, turns out he's also my uncle. "Uh, can I help you, young lady?" He asked looking rather confused. I held back a smile at his inability to recognize me. Instead of immediately telling him who I was I opted to letting him guess.

"Wow, so I leave for ten years and you suddenly forget who I am? I'm hurt." I smirked watching his face go from blank to full-on excited. I didn't even have time to react as he brought me into a tight hug. "Oh Katherine, look at you all grown up," He sputtered. "You should have told us you were coming to visit." At that, my face fell wondering if I should just tell him the real reason I was here or not. "I was hoping this visit was a little more permanent," I replied with a serious tone hoping he would get the hint. I couldn't really read his expression very well, I just stood there watching as a smile made its way onto his face once more.

That's what I was envied most about my uncle; he was always looking at the bright side of the situation even if things were complete and utter shit. "I see, well then why don't we talk about that inside?" He suggested grabbing the suitcase from my hands. I nodded following him inside. "Honey, who was at the door?" I heard the voice of my Aunt Amanda ask from inside. As I walked inside the kitchen I  gave her a small smile yet she didn't have time to greet me seeing as her daughter, my cousin Samantha had beaten her to it. "Holy shit! Katherine, you're back!" Samantha exclaimed as she noticed me in the doorway to their kitchen.