Chapter 16

Alesa Smith:

It was about 7 so I decided to start packing a duffel bag to bring to the hotel. I grabbed a pair of pants an olive green sweater a cute pair of pajamas and some undergarments.

Going into the bathroom I took my to go pack I always had ready and threw that in as well before zipping the duffel up and grabbing the cupcakes when I heading out the door.

I decided to take my car since it was kind of dark and gloomy outside and I really didn't want to get rained on. Louis had arrived in New York earlier today but he had to go into work for a while, he had however texted the room number earlier once he booked it.

Pulling into the large car park I looked around to see if there were any free parking spaces near the front but there wasn't. Because of that I had to park a few rows back. Despite the full parking lot there was no one around.

I got out and grabbed my duffel bag and cupcakes from the trunk before i locked the car and headed for the entrance.

I didn't even get 10 steps away before someone came up behind me. The next thing I knew I was pushed up against a figure with a knife to my throat. I instantly dropped my bags and hoped the food would be okay.

Before he could say anything I grabbed his hand turning it and twisting it back until the muscles spasmed and he dropped the knife.

I then kicked it away before kicking him in the gut. He stumbled back but not before grabbing my leg lifting it directly up so that I lost my footing and fell down.

He recovered before I did meaning he reached the knife as I had just gotten up. He came back over to where I was and aimed to cut my abdomen but missed and ended up cutting my hand open.

He then tried for my face but I ducked under him and punched his chest. Taking advantage of his pain that made him momentarily immobilized I did a roundhouse kick to his head.

I made sure that it was hard enough for him to get knocked out before I walked over and grabbed the knife that he had dropped during his fall. Grabbing one of his arms I dragged his unconscious body to the corner where he would be less noticeable.

I then walked over to grab the thankfully unharmed cupcakes and my bag. Taking a tissue out and wiping up some of the blood on me I headed toward the lobby and the room where I could clean up better.

I hit the up button to the lobby so that I could get a key because chances were that Louis wasn't here yet.

When the doors opened I stepped out so that the group of people waiting could enter. I then walked through the elegant main floor to the reservation desk. There was a large chandelier in the middle of the glass ceiling and a variety of plants scattered around.

I didn't stop to admire the beautiful architecture or decor as I had been here many times before. No one was in line so I was able to walk right up to her.

"Good Evening, what can I do for you" She said with a smile on her face

"Hi I need to check in or get a key, the room should be under Louis Allan Boinet." As soon as I said his name shock, surprise and a hint of jealousy? crossed her face.

"Yes I have it here it looks like Mr. Boinet has already checked in but if you give me a minute I can give you a key so that you can go up"

"Thank you I appreciate it" That was surprising he normally runs about a half hour late.

She handed me a key and I made my way back to the elevator. I had to wait with a few people until I was able to step in and scan the key card for the 24th floor. Like most elevators with strangers it did get awkward but thankfully they got off early at the sixth floor where as I continued up.