Chapter 1

"What are you saying?"
"I'm sorry, but I have to fire you Hanamaki. We just aren't making enough to pay all of our workers," she said grimly.

Hanamaki held his head in his head and sighed. Things really were not going his way.

"Fine, whatever. Can I go now? I need to move into my new dorm room."

"Yes, go ahead. Again, I'm really sorry about this."

Hanamaki stood up and walked out of the small office and onto the street. He really needed a job, living in the college dorms was the cheapest option, there was no way he could afford an apartment with his current financial status.

.

.

Matsukawa leaned against the rough brick wall, dragging in a cancerous breath. Tears slowly slipped out of his puffy dark eyes, he tried to focus on the trippy effect the drugs were giving him and not the intrusive flashbacks.

He exhaled shakily, "Just fuck off already," he mumbled to himself.

His phone suddenly started ringing, he noted the contact ID to be Suna Rintarou, one of his smoking circle buddies. He answered and brought the phone to his ear.

"Yo Issei, dorms have been assigned for the year. Come meet me at the lounge, let's see if we're sharing again this year," Suna said.

"Sounds good, hopefully, we are. See you in 10," he replied.

"Yeah."

He hung up and sighed, he was not ready to deal with anyone right now. But nothing ever goes his way, does it? He finished his joint before flicking the bud to the ground and crushing it under his shoes. He wiped his tears, not bothering to care with how puffy and red his eyes looked, everyone would just assume it to be normal with his lifestyle.

He made his way to the college lounge, only juniors and seniors could hang out in there. All the dorm assignments were posted on the walls.

The majority of the time, dorms were only shared between two people, but there were larger dorms where up to six people can share. He prefered the first option.

.

.

Iwaizumi wiped the sweat from his forehead and panted heavily. He had been really pushing himself over the limit during the break.

"Iwaizumi, I'm gonna head off now. Akaashi texted me saying the dorm assignments are out," Bokuto called out.

"Yeah, whatever," he grumbled.

Pretty quickly, the college gym emptied out after finding out the dorm assignments were out. Everybody hoped they were with their friends, Iwaizumi wished he could just have one for himself but that rarely happened.

.

.

"Tooru, please, just don't cause a fight with Mother and Father," Nao pleaded.

"I just...I'm sick of them controlling every single aspect of my life," Oikawa grumbled.

"I know, trust me, I sure as hell didn't want to be a lawyer like Mother is, but look at me now, one of the top lawyers in the country. I hate it, arguing with them doesn't work," his sister replied solemnly.

Oikawa sighed, his parents were both very successful, his mother being a lawyer and his father, a respected businessman. Well, not by him, Oikawa does not have a single piece of respect for that man. Personally, Oikawa had always wanted to pursue the performing arts, but no, his father forced him into a business major.