Chapter 3

Iwaizumi cursed and reluctantly put his things on the free bed in the room Matsukawa had claimed. His phone was constantly going off so he checked his notifications. Which revealed many, many, many excited texts from Bokuto saying he was sharing with Akaashi.

He sighed. Bokuto got to share with his boyfriend while he had to share with three people he already hated. He always saw Oikawa around campus, he was most likely the most popular guy at this damned college. Over the three years, he's been attending, he's seen Matsukawa around a lot. Smoking either by himself or with others that looked they had no real goals in life. He had never seen Hanamaki before though, but from the sarcasm, he dealt with from their brief encounter, he wasn't pleased.

He opened his emails to look at his class schedule, luckily, he didn't have any classes until tomorrow afternoon. The sad realisation came back to him that he had nothing to do, his only friend was occupied. So, like always, he solved this dilemma by going to the gym.

.

.

Matsukawa arrived at Kenma's dorm, knocking on the door to see a jittery Kuroo.

"Oh, um, hey," Kuroo greeted, moving so Matsukawa could walk in.

The slightly shorter raven couldn't deny that he found Matsukawa intimidating, though he had no reason to. Matsukawa was...chill. He didn't really care too much about anything. He doesn't hold grudges, he's fine with people to disagree with his lifestyle. It was his choice to do this to his body, nobody had to know the reason though. Matsukawa's past was something only Kenma knew, he didn't trust anyone else. Kenma could...somewhat relate to his circumstances.

"Kenma," Matsukawa said, walking into his room.

It was dark, the LED lights set on purple, and a thin hazy smoke floated around the room. Kuroo coughed and sputtered as he walked in, excusing himself for a minute.

"Issei. How are you?" Kenma asked, not taking his eyes off his game.

"Decent. The flashbacks have been getting more frequent though," he muttered.

Kenma paused his game and turned to him. He exhaled, a large cloud of smoke coming out as he did so. His eyes were red, dark circles too.

"Well it looks like your insomnia has worsened over the break," Matsukawa pointed out.

"It's whatever. But have you been taking your medication Issei? This shit we do doesn't work all the time," Kenma asked.

"I ran out. Couldn't be bothered to go back to the hospital. They all think I'm spiralling and need to be put in a mental asylum."

Kenma looked him up and down before getting up and walked to his cupboard. He pulled a small zip lock bag with a few sheets of white pills. He popped two out and held them out to Matsukawa.

"These will basically make you a mindless zombie for a few days. You won't have flashbacks or nightmares...but...this is the last time I give them to you. I don't want you being even more fucked up," Kenma explained.

Matsukawa nodded and took the pills, swallowing them dry. Soon after Kuroo came back in,

"Sorry about that, still getting used to this," he apologised.

"You don't have to force yourself Kuro. I don't really want you mixed up in this anyway. It's a difficult habit to get out of," Kenma reminded hazily. His vision was becoming too distorted to game anymore so he was just laying on the ground.

Matsukawa was sitting on the bed, leaning against the wall, and lit himself a joint. The effects from the pills Kenma gave him were already taking effect. The intrusive thoughts were disappearing along with the constant painful feeling of guilt.