Never Let Me Go

written by: ih3artgerm

The light coming from behind the curtains gently hits your eyes, disturbing you enough to force you awake. You quietly sit up and look at the clock, "6:05".

As you let out a sigh, you remove the covers that rest above you, knowing full well you won't be able to go back to sleep. Your roommate is still passed out on their bed so you try your best to be as quiet as possible. While making your way to the bathroom, you write a short "to do" list in your mind.

"I'll go eat breakfast and then head straight to the training grounds." You say to yourself, as you start your morning routine.

Shower✔️

Brush teeth ✔️

Eat

.

As you enter the dining room, you check the day of the week, "Thursday." With a tray in your hand, you carefully choose the ingredients for your breakfast.

Protein bar ✔️

Sandwich✔️

Apple ✔️

Box of milk ✔️

You check your surroundings, looking for someone in particular. It takes a few seconds, but soon you lay your eyes on her blonde hair tied up in the usual bun. Eagerly, you walk towards her with a smile on your face.

"Good morning, Annie!"

She shifts her body slightly, turning her head to look at you. Her blue eyes staring into yours bring butterflies to your stomach and you feel your cheeks blush.

"You're up early today." She says before turning to face her food once again. You take a seat next to her, placing your tray on the table.

"Well, I figured I could use some extra training!"

She shrugs her shoulders, not really paying attention, or even caring about what you're saying. As you start to eat your breakfast, you look at her from the corner of your eye, trying to be as subtle as you possibly can.

Once she's finished chewing her food, she shifts her head so she can look at you. As you try to hide your embarrassment, her voice echoes through your ears.

"You know it's rude to stare, right?" She says. Your cheeks now turn bright red, not knowing what to respond. You quickly try to think of something but she speaks again. "Do you want to train with me? Is that it?"

A heavyweight lifting from your shoulders as you suddenly feel like you can breathe again. "Yeah, hahaha, that's exactly it!" You reply, hoping it would be good enough to trick her.

She suddenly stands up and grabs her tray. "You have 10 minutes then." A confused expression forms on your face, but before you could ask her about it, she's already walking past the doors. It takes you around 45 seconds to understand that she expects you to finish eating and meet her at the training grounds.

A smile now taking over your lips, you resume your eating. Excitement rushing through your veins as you finally have a chance to spend more time with the girl you have a crush on.

.

"Annie!" You yell her name, waving at the blonde girl. She looks at you for a second, before flipping Eren's body as if he weighs nothing. As he grunts on the floor, she walks towards you.

"I didn't think you would make it!" She says, putting her right hand on her hips and tilting her head slightly.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world!" You flash her a bright smile to which she simply changes her focus. For a second, you could almost see a smirk forming on her lips and an ever so slight shade of red brush over her cheeks.