Chapter 25 - Quentin

Later that night we were all watching the news about the strange man. I was wearing my dads sweatshirt and a pair of Nike sweatpants, I sat in a small chair and laid across it.

"It's aliens. It has to be." Ned says.

"Buzzfeed says there's a sailor named Morris Bench who was exposed to an experimental underwater generator and got hydro powers" Flash says.

"Yeah, you should definitely believe everything you read on the internet." I say as I roll my eyes.

"Spider-Man could take him." Flash nods.

"But how is The Black Phoenix here?" Betty asks.

"Maybe she's on vacation." Ned says.

"Or she's part or our school." Betty suggests.

I look over as Peter was on the phone with a May.

"Who is that guy?" Betty asks.

"He's like Iron Man and Thor rolled into one." Brad says, he looks over to me then looks away.

"He's all right. He's no Spider-Man." Flash says.

"What is it with you and Spider-Man?" I ask him.

"What? He's just awesome, okay? He protects the neighborhood, and you know, he's inspiring. He inspires me to be a better man." Flash nods.

Peter comes back and pulls me in his lap.

I look up as a woman on the television is speaking Italian.
"Sounds like his name's Mysterio." Brad says.

"L'uomo del Misterio is Italian for man of mystery. They don't actually know who he is." I say.

"Mysterio..." Ned whispers.

"Cool name" Betty and Ned say at the same time. "Babe!"

"Were we ever like that?" I ask Peter.

"Definitely not." Peter smiles.

Time skip!

A couple hours later I teleport into Ned and Peter's room to see a figure in the corner. I turn around to see Nick Fury. "Oh nice of you to join us! We were just about to come get you!" He smiles.

"Wait is Ned okay?" I point.

"I'm gonna say the same thing I said to Peter, It's just a mild tranquilizer. He'll be alright.....But so good to finally meet you. I saw you at the funeral, but I didn't think that was a good time to exchange numbers."

"Yeah that would of been inappropriate...since it was my fathers funeral." I narrow my eyes.

"That's what I just said."

"Mhm." I nod.

"You really do remind me of your dad..he sometimes did the same thing your doing...avoiding me." He nods. "Listen..I used to know everything. Then, I come back five years later and now, I know nothing. No intel, no team, and two high school kids are dodging my calls. Here's what I do know... a week ago, a village in Mexico was wiped out by a cyclone. Witnesses say that cyclone had a face." Ned snores loudly. "Three days later, a similar event in Morocco. A village was-"

a knock on the door cuts Fury off, Furry pulls me aside as the door opens. "Just making the rounds. See if anyone needs any emotional counseling after today's traumatic event."
Fury points his gun towards the door as Mr. Harrington talks.

"No. we're... we're okay. We're fine, thank you." Peter nods.

"Great. Cause I'm not qualified to actually..." Ned snores. "Oh, he's passed out. I'm not really qualified to do it anyway, so... good night."