Chapter 31 - Truth

M/N = Moms Name.

I got ready in my business attire, I stare at myself in the mirror and applied some makeup over my dark circles.

Pepper drove me to the conference..she made sure to call May and Peter.

Happy guided me inside, I gasp when I see so many news reporters. There were cameras everywhere.

Everyone starts to settle down once I step behind the podium.

"I'd like it if you all would hold your questions until after I've stated the truth." I smile. I look around the room and take a deep breath, my eyes land on Peter in the back. "My name is Y/N Stark....I am The Black Phoenix."

The room goes wild. "Miss...Miss!"

"Please hold your questions." I shush them. "Mysterio is a fraud...his name is Quentin Beck. He was angry at my Father and made a crew of many other people who also were angry at my father. He built illusions with this Crew...I was smart enough to take pictures and video of London.

I take the small remote and point it at the large screen next to me. A picture of inside the illusion pops up. "As you can see these drones were making the Illusion seem real. The next photo shows it disappearing..including Mysterio. The last photo I took, you can see Beck up there." I point. "Look at what he's wearing...not what Mysterio's wearing....next is the actual video of what happened when he died."

I stay silent as the entire video play..showing the truth. I watch as the reporters in front of me stare in shock. I look back by Peter to see Janice. She gives a small wave and walks up to the podium as the video ends.

She takes my spot and sucks in a shaky breath. "My name is Janice Lincoln...I am a former scientist and engineer from Stark Industries. What Y/N is saying is true....I became part of Beck's Crew. I can testify against him. My anger of Mr. Stark caused me to join this crew...but I wasn't thinking about the people I could hurt." She pauses and looks at me.

"Thank you." I smile as I wipe my stray tears. She steps aside as I take the podium again. "Please don't punish Peter and I for something we did not do...Beck was not a hero...he was a villain. I want to ask you something....why would Spiderman and I become villains after saving New York and the rest of the world along with the Avengers. There's no motive...no reason to blame us."

The reporters were silent.

"I hope you can see that I'm telling you the truth. I have no reason to lie. And I hope you will allow us to continue to keep you safe." I nod.

As I walk away, the reporters look at me in shock.

I grab onto Peter's hand and rush outside to see hundreds of people standing outside..watching on a screen what I was saying.

Without thinking I Teleport us out of there and back home.

"I couldn't stay there...I couldn't face them all." I sigh.

"Y/N you did amazing...I really think they realized the truth."

"Peter..I hope so." I whisper.
I pull Peter with me to the couch, I sit down in his lap and lay my head on his chest. "Can you just hold me for awhile?"

"Of course." He kisses my head.

I lean forward to grab the remote but instead of grabbing it, it comes to me. "Uh..Peter?"

"Yes love?"

"Did you see that?" I ask.

"See what?" He sits up.

I place the remote down and reach my hand out to it.

Suddenly it flies into my hand.

"Woah!" Peter jumps up, almost making me fall off the couch.

"How am I doing this? Especially after all this time."

"Y/N...that's so cool!" Peter freaks out.

I stand up and hold my hand out to the glass on the counter in the kitchen, it lifts up and sits in the sink. "What the hell..." I whisper.
"I need to find out why I have these Powers...dad never told me about mom...about where she came from." I hurry over to the computer table and start pulling up files of M/N.

"What are you doing?" He sits beside me.

"I need answers...dad never wanted me to find them...." I nods.
As I'm searching through her small file I find a locked one..."password." I whisper.

"Y/N maybe there's a reason he didn't want you to know...do you think this is best?" Peter asks hesitantly.

"Password." I whisper again to myself, ignoring his question. I start typing dates, My birthdate, Peppers, Morgan's, even Peter's but nothing works. I start typing names. As I was staring off I notice something familiar, "cupcake." I smile. I type that in and it works.

I pull up a hologram of her file, I start swiping through the restricted section. "Wait who is that?" Peter points to a name.

"Strucker....wait I know that name. He did experiments...on Wanda and her twin." I sigh. I read farther in the file to see the list of people doing the experimenters. "He experimented on my mom." I whisper.

"Y/N...maybe you shouldn't-"

"He took her while she was out shopping...she was pregnant. She was pregnant and they still experimented on her. It says by the time my father found her, she gave birth and passed."

"Y/N-"

"So this is why I'm like this...because of those experiments." I stand up. "Why wouldn't he tell me? Why keep this a secret...he knew all along about my powers."

"Don't be mad at him Y/N...he was trying to protect you."

"I'm not mad. I'm just confused....I need to go lay down." I stand up and teleport into my room.

I hear the soft sound of Peter's feet run up the stairs. I start to cry as he opens my door. "Y/N...." he whispers as he climbs in my bed and holds me.

"I'm so tired of all of this....I hate that I had to stand in front of all those people...on television to prove we are innocent. I hate that I trusted Beck...that he did all of this. I wanted to build a new Avengers facility...a new home. I was ready to do that...I'm scared someone will hurt us again." I cry.

Peter pulls me over and lays my head on his chest, he softly rubs my back and kisses my head. "I know Y/N...I know how you feel. Beck ruined my trust." He whispers. "But we will get through this...together."

"I'm sorry." I look up and smile.

Peter wipes my tears and caresses my head. "Don't ever be sorry." He smiles. "I do think building a new Avengers facility would be really awesome."

"I thought we could build it in the old Stark industries building. I want to make sure the avengers have a home...somewhere to go when they need help. Or when we need help."

"That's a great idea Y/N."

"You think so? I'm gonna need help." I smile.

"I'm always here to help."