six 🪐 fight

its been about 2 weeks since the day that you and kageyama had confessed to each other.

it was a monday, and a new quarter began at karasuno high school today. this meant that you received a new schedule for your classes. sadly, when you compared schedules this morning with kageyama, you had no classes with him. you wondered how you'd spend your whole day at school without seeing him more than once during lunch. you dreaded just the idea of it.

speaking of you and kageyama.. you weren't even dating yet.

which was strange, since the two of you knew you liked each other.

even though the both of you weren't a couple yet, you guys definitely acted like it. you would hold hands and kiss. and at kageyama's house, the two of you would cuddle in his bed. sometimes at school you'd even sneak behind the vending machines during lunch break and have make-out sessions while nobody was there to watch, as cheesy as that sounds.

but the two of you still portrayed each other as friends to other people, and nothing more. when in reality, there was a lot more to it then just that.

not even hinata, one of kageyama's closest friends, knew anything that was going on between you guys.

the whole thing was just so confusing to you. what were you to kageyama? his bestfriend? his crush? or maybe just a friend with benefits? you hoped that it wasn't that. but then again, kageyama was the most unpredictable being you've ever met. he never said he was looking to be in a relationship. was he even ready to start dating someone yet? has he even had a girlfriend before?

so many thoughts filled your mind and it made your heart race.

calm down y/n...

currently, you sat down your math class, tapping your pencil against your grey notebook as you listened the teacher speak about her lesson, (that you weren't even paying attention to...) it was your 5th period, and you were anticipating the aoba johsai game that was happening after school today.

oh right, i almost forgot to mention. today, the karasuno volleyball team was going against aoba johsai, a powerhouse school which was top four in the prefecture, as kageyama said. you could tell that the boys were intimidated by them, but you knew if that they'd just work together, they could have the ability to tackle just about any volleyball team. you could see the potential in them just by their playing style and how they worked well together.

you'd be riding the bus there with the team, thanks to kiyoko. after exchanging emails with her awhile ago, the two of you started to become good friends. you even got to attend more volleyball practices, and you learned the names of all the boys on the team. you were glad to have another friend, since well, you didn't really have anyone else other than kageyama.

you smile at your thoughts.

"y/n! are you paying attention? answer this question!" you hear the teacher call out to you, which causes you to jump slightly. you feel your face heat up as all the eyes in the room turn to face you. this was gonna be a long period.

♡TIME SKIP♡
—end of 5th period, 230pm—

you began walking out of the classroom, bookbag slung over your shoulder. you were heading over to your locker when you heard a familiar voice calling for your name behind you. you pause.

"y/n-chan! y/n-chan! wait for me!"

you turn to look behind you, seeing hinata rush out of the classroom you were just in. he was in your class? you didn't even realize. he jogged towards you with an enthusiastic smile on his face.