two 🪐 sunset

you used the hairbrush on his desk and the hair tie he had given you to throw your hair into a low bun. then you opened the door.

"about time." kageyama rolled his eyes jokingly. he was wearing the same karasuno volleyball shirt as you but with black shorts. he was also wearing his black karasuno jacket, the same one he always brings to volleyball practices and games.

as you stepped into the hall, you noticed that he seemed to be eyeing you and your outfit. you assumed that he was because you were wearing his clothes, but you decided to tease him anyways.

"what're you looking at..?" you raised an eyebrow at him. you watched as a soft blush scattered across his cheeks before he looked away.

"w-what..?! what do you mean? i wasn't- go put your shoes on!" he said in response, pointing downstairs at the door— where you had placed your shoes earlier.

"okay.." you said, a small chuckle following afterwards. kageyama was cute when he's embarrassed, you thought.

you stepped downstairs and grabbed your shoes. as you were slipping them on, you heard kageyama coming down. "are you ready now?"

"yeah." you replied, giving him a nod. there was still a hint of pink on his face from earlier.

you followed him from behind as he walked outside. "will you be able to keep up with me?" kageyama asked as he locked the door. he was a pretty fast runner since he practiced a lot.

"you better not be planning on running full speed like you always do, kageyama." you huffed in annoyance. "i can't even run a mile without having to stop, how am i gonna keep up with y-" kageyama pressed a finger to your lips, which stopped you from saying anything else.

you feel your face get warm under his touch. "lets go." kageyama gave you a nod, which brought a tiny smile onto your face.

kageyama started jogging on the sidewalk, in which you followed behind him.

♡TIME SKIP♡
—40 mins—

as time passed by, your breathing became heavier and your legs grew weak. how could kageyama run for this long— everyday?

kageyama seemed to notice your tiredness and soon stopped running. "lets take a break, why don't we sit down there?" he pointed over to a grassy area with a pond.

out of breath and unable to reply, you gave him a small nod. he walked over to the pond and you followed from behind.

you watched as kageyama sat down on the grass and looked up. the sun was setting now, and the sky looked more beautiful than ever. in front of you was a large pond that reflected the sunset, which made the scenery even more appealing.

"you can sit down- i mean, if you want." kageyama said to you, in which you listened. you sat down close next to him, and the two of you watched the water as it swayed slowly back and forth. you finally caught your breath.

after a couple of minutes, you felt kageyama's eyes on you. you didn't look back though. you just simply smiled and gazed at the landscape in front of you.

you pushed your legs out and laid your head down on the grass, your eyes now fixated on the beautiful orange sky. you hear the grass rustling next to you as kageyama does the same. now the two of you were staring up at the sunset, watching it together.

after a couple minutes of silence, kageyama rolled his head over to face you and spoke, "you like hanging out with me. right?"

"where did that come from?" you said in response, furrowing your eyebrows with uncertainty. it was unusual for him to break the silence, let alone ask deep questions like that.