Chapter 1

Taehyung

I am sitting on the wooden dining table in our kitchen, eating cereal and milk. My mother is biting on her almost burnt bread. Morning sun is shining through the barely filtering curtains.

Earlier, breakfast used to consist of French toasts, pancakes, waffles. Then the accident happened. Bills and rents had to be paid. Medicines had to be bought. Breakfast declined to cereals for me, toast for mother. Rice and veggies for mother's lunch, my best friend's food for my lunch. Takeouts from the cheap Chinese shop for dinner and leftovers for the next night.

Earlier, mother used to be the one cooking. Then the accident happened. The dining table which had two chairs, now only had one. The second chair was rotting away somewhere in the corner. My mother had her own, special chair now. A wheelchair.

Earlier, I used to smile. Then the accident happened. I realised happiness was not in my fate. 

...............................................................

Kim Taehyung. 17 years old. My class consists of 97 students (divided in sections). A quarter of them are girls. Out of the quarter, half of them are pretty. I have had sex with all of them. I could have had it with the boys too- but I wanted them to be my followers not my bed warmers. I had enough of them in the girls already.

I knew who I was. I knew what I wanted. 

I knew that I was the most popular boy in 12th grade, senior year. This boy called Jungkook had come for a month, I knew he would be tough competition. Luckily, my fate wasn't that cruel. Jungkook had to move away to New Jersey. Yay.

My best friend, Min Yoongi is 4th most popular. He would have probably been tenth if I didn't tag along with him. He was also the second person I actually cared about it. Just to make it clear, I only cared about three people in my whole life- mom, Yoongi and I. 

I had control over the people in my school. I enjoyed how the weaker students bowed their heads when I walked past and the slightly bolder ones nodded their heads like I was their leader. Like I was the alpha. I was.

And I liked to keep it this way. After all, school was the only thing I had control upon. The things I had once thought I could control had all been taken away.

The people in my school thought that I had it all. Girls in my bed, a loyal best friend, a fandom inside the school, most followed student (Instagram and Twitter) and the latest trendy clothes.

The fact they missed out on? The clothes were either bought from thrift shops or were second hand.

If they knew that I lived in a one bedroom crappy apartment, that I was in this school due to an arts scholarship, that I had no money to continue my further studies and to pursue my dream- they would no longer accept me.
I would no longer be the Kim Taehyung.

Due to this and the fact that I had no car or bike- had to sell the Volvo while buying a good wheelchair for Mom- I was on the doorstep of my apartment block, waiting for Yoongi to come and pick me up.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"What's up?" Yoongi asks as I slide in the front seat, handing me a Starbucks cold coffee. I didn't like coffee but the sweetness of the cold coffee took away the taste of the soggy cereals I ate in the morning.

I shrug in answer. "You?"

Yoongi shrugs back.

That's our thing. We both are good and fine.

"You know I am still angry at you for ditching me yesterday?" Yoongi says while swerving right.

"Hey, I told you I am sorry! I know we were supposed to meet and try out the new game you bought but I didn't know Jackson would suddenly come up with an impromptu Wednesday party". I answer, giving him my puppy eyes which I will never in a million years do in front of anyone else.