#1. Making Orginal Characters (Fandoms)

Playing characters isn't easy, especially when you are playing a lot. Like a lot a lot. But portraying a good character can be a lot less stressful and a bit more fun if you have a good base for your character!

Fandom characters are different from normal life/ original fiction ones. They are from a certain fandom or fandoms with certain abilities and limits, but with the right foundation and ideas your characters can become the best in the roleplaying community!!!

☆━━━━━━━━ ❪📖❫ ━━━━━━━━☆

Making fandom characters can be stressful and fun at the same time. Isn't that weird how that works?

Well a basic idea or image of a character that was inspired by your favorite book or movie is a great way to start! Picture them and how they act in your mind.

Then it's good to write basics facts and details about this character. It doesn't have to be on a published book on wattpad of course, it's just to be able to help you remember, build, and reference your character!

After that it's good to fill out a sort of form for your characters. This will help sort of solidify your character and who they are!

On it you can put things like:

~ name
~ age
~ pronouns/sexuality
~ fandom
~ personality
~ powers (if any)
~ and more!

A lot of people make a character bios or a chapter in a book of characters or both! This of course you don't have to, but again it's good to have something to reference to! (Plus you need to tell the people you are roleplaying with a bit about your character.)

☆━━━━━━━━ ❪📖❫ ━━━━━━━━☆

Having one roleplaying character is something, but having more then one is another. Believe me, I know.

If they are all in one fandom, that's great! You shouldn't have too much trouble.

However if you're like me and have a lot of different characters it may get a little complicated. Keeping track of them all and all of their specific fandom origins can be rough. (Unless of course you have a lot of multi-fandom and crossover characters, which is much more convenient.) but that's one of the reasons why it's good to write or type these things down.

☆━━━━━━━━ ❪📖❫ ━━━━━━━━☆

Multi-fandom characters are great. They are AWESOME in fact. And it's good to be able to cross them over between fandom worlds and explore the possibilities.

However like with other characters know their limits. Know their powers and capabilities and learn to be able to expand on them.

☆━━━━━━━━ ❪📖❫ ━━━━━━━━☆

My advice is also that if you know your character will belong to one fandom and one fandom only, stick to that fandom.

And while sometimes things to happen try your best to not be too drastic and be somewhere within the fandom limits (ex. If your character in the PJO fandom went through Tartarus multiple times and is a still a demigod, that's not exactly realistic.).

This does not mean you can't be creative and different of course. I support and promote creativity and diversity!!

☆━━━━━━━━ ❪📖❫ ━━━━━━━━☆

Important: Like I said just kind of know your limits with your character, and know when and where they can expand and grow.

Character development is also really good, but that'll be with another chapter about how to continuously rp with your character(s).

☆━━━━━━━━ ❪📖❫ ━━━━━━━━☆

Phew!

Okay so I might have made some mistakes but there you go. That's my first kinda idk rant? Tip rant? Rant of tips and advice for all ye peoples?

Yeah. That's what I'll call it. "Rant of tips and advice for all ye roleplaying peoples."

Anyways hope that was useful and informative. If not I'm sorry, I'll publish more chapters soon!

Love y'all!

Jess out!

*leaves*