Chapter 6 - Messages

Chapter 6 – Messages

                I couldn’t sleep that night. Why, because I couldn’t get the idea of being kissed out of my head. I kept brushing my fingers along my lips and trying to get the scene that happened just a few hours ago play perfectly in my head. Chris was drove me home. Before I got out, he kissed me. I felt a little spark. There was awkward silence. Before it got any more awkward, I left. Now, I’m lying in my bed I can’t seem to sleep. Wow, he has a big affect on me.

                I don’t know when I fell into unconsciousness, but I soon woke up by the sound of my phone. I didn’t remember putting an alarm on it, and it was pretty dark out, which meant it was still pretty early. I have a new text message from... I think... Kevin.

                good morning!

                Then my phone buzzed again. It’s another message from Kevin.

                wait... is this Kat?

                I thought about tricking him saying that it was some random person, then I thought again and decided to say the truth.

                the one and only

                k, good. i was wondering cause i might need ur number one day. add this number as kevin on ur contacts

                will do :)

                I looked at my phone to check the time. 6:15. Ugh! Can’t a girl get some rest?

I decided to put my hair in a high ponytail and wear some ripped jean shorts over my black knee-length leggings and a plain blue V-neck shirt. I was finishing off my pancakes when I heard honking from outside. I figured it was one of my neighbours so I ignored it, but I heard it again. I put on my black high top converse (if you’re wondering, I have converse in almost every colour. I also have Uggs in every colour XP) I was going to check out who the honking was for and then go to my car, but when I saw the all too familiar black BMW, I knew that the honking was for me. I walked over to the car and tapped on the car window trying to get the drivers attention.

“Could please stop honking?” I asked

He smirked and said, “Fine, but only ’cause you said please.  Now get in, I’m driving you to school.”

I did as he said because, well, how could I say no to that offer? I mean, it would just be rude of me to say no to a guy that I just recently had a date with.

The ride to school was a bit awkward because we barely talked. The only thing that made the ride a bit less awkward was the music. I sang along to the song in my head.

I’m at a payphone

Trying to call home

All of my change I spent on you

Where are the times gone

Baby it’s all wrong

Where are the plans we made for two

Yeah I, I know it’s hard to remember

The people we used to be

It’s even harder to picture

That you’re not here next to me

You say it’s too late to make it

But is it too late to try?

And in all of the time that you wasted

All of my bridges burned down

“Nice singing,” Chris said suddenly.

I blushed, not knowing that I was actually signing. I must’ve been too lost in my thoughts to actually pay attention to what I was saying / signing. “Oh, woops,” was all I could manage to say

“It’s okay, you have a nice voice.”

I’m pretty sure my whole have was crimson red by now. I quickly checked my reflection in the window long enough to see that my cheeks where just tinted with pink.

“We’re here,” he said. This is when I saw that he too was blushing.

I surprised him, and myself, when I said, “You look cute when you blush.” I was fighting the urge to pinch his cheeks.

“As do you,” he said with a smile that could make any girl fall to his feet. I was surprised he didn’t have a girlfriend yet. Wait... was I his girlfriend? Or did that date mean nothing? And if so, what about the kiss? Did that mean nothing too? Well, it meant a lot to me. I hope he knew how I felt about that kiss. I wanted him to feel the same way as I felt about him. He held open the car door for me and held my hand towards the school, through the halls, and into our first period class. On the way to class, some girls were giving me icy cold stares, some guys were checking me out (uh... is that what it’s called when a guy looks at me as if he wanted to... well... you know...), and all the other people were probably gossiping about us by now. I think I saw someone take a picture and send it to someone. Chris didn’t seem to notice this and walked by casually.

In class, we took our seats, but this time, Chris sat in Kevin’s spot and Kevin sat in... Wait, where is Kevin? Oh well, that just means that Chris and I get to sit beside each other.

During the whole lesson, Chris constantly passed me notes and that I replied to before passing them back.

hey, do u remember that waitress at the restaurant on sat?

yea, she was totally flirting with u

she was? but shes so old!

ikr!!!! I wouldn’t be surprised if she had grandchildren!

she cant though, no guy in the right would want to marry her in the first place!

XP

would u like to be my girlfriend?

I re-read that last sentence over and over again until I figured out that he wasn’t kidding. So that kiss meant a lot to him too...

i would love to be ur girlfriend :)

<3

And that’s when the bell rang signalling the end of 1st block.

Sigh...

This is going to be the last time I see Chris until lunch break.

Authors Note: YAY!!!!! I’m finally done this chapter!!!! Give me credit guys... this chapter is about 3 pages long on ms word!! I’m so proud of myself :’)

Anyways... I’m gonna do something that I should’ve done a long time ago... I’m dedicating this chapter to XxNerdForeverxX

 because, well, she’s the only person reading my book right now and cause she fanned me and cause she writes amazing books and cause she made me a cover for my book! :D

I still don’t know how to attach a photo on this site...

Since I saw a few people doing this, I will too...

Teaser: Where is Kevin? What will happen at lunch? What about Daniel? A new character is on her wayand she’s gonna create a lot of drama between Kat and... well... everyone. I can’t promise that all this will be in the next chapter.

Update: Hopefully sometime this week or next week :)