Chapter Three

The party had pretty much died down and most people had left already. You slipped down the staircase as nonchalantly as possible. You had mastered the art of sneaking around after you and Eren had become a thing. You still weren't sure what that "thing" was but the more you tried to dissect it the more you went crazy.

"You ready to go home?" Annie asked with a passed out Hitch on her back. You nodded and followed Annie. The uber had already been waiting and you all climbed in. The ride was pretty passed out as Hitch was passed out and Annie wasn't much of a talker anyways.

Annie tried guiding Hitch to her bedroom but Hitch had awaken and was putting up a fight so Annie had left her on the couch. You felt bad since Hitch was shivering and put a blanket over her before retiring to your room.

You collapsed on the bed, your head still processing what had happened at the party. Then you cried.

It made you sick that he'd always be leaving you and you were the one crawling back. You always thought of yourself as an independent person considering what your childhood had been like but Eren had changed that part about you.

You sometimes wished you never even met him but then curse yourself for even thinking that.

You snap out of your epiphany and roll over to check your phone. There were countless pictures on your phone of Hitch and a couple videos as well. You rolled your eyes but decided to keep them to remind her when she was sober.

There were still no texts from him and you groaned. Eren had once been the type of person to keep texting even though the other person wasn't replying but I guess after everything that happened that changed too.

You couldn't take the combination of silence and your thoughts so you decided to head out to the fire escape. You took out a joint that you presumably rolled earlier and lit it.

You don't even know how you went from best friends with Eren to making out to him leaving your life. The two of you had been friends since forever and you'd never liked him in that way till we had gotten high for the first time. You were 16 and he was 17 and your parents had been on a vacation leaving you home by yourself.

He snuck in even though you told him nobody was home. The two of you had talked, played video games and done whatever teens do with their friends. After snooping around in the name of boredness, he had found your weed stash and asked if you could teach him since he'd never smoked.

You had a feeling that fact had to do with Carla, his mom. You both sat on your bed which was big enough to fit 5 people, and he watched you intensely while you had prepared the bowl for the two of you.

You had been smoking since you were 14 as a distraction from your parents and the drama of highschool. "You ready?" You grinned. Eren had let out a smile which you wouldn't see again. You lit the bowl and inhaled a bit before removing your thumb. You kept the hit in for a while then finally exhaled.

"That's it?!" Eren asked. You nodded and switched it so he was able to inhale. You lit it and instructed him to inhale while you planted your thumb over the bowl. Then let go. He was inhaling it for maybe a second before sputtering and coughing the next. You laughed so hard you almost rolled off the bed.

You helped him more until he finally got it.

"I kinda understand why you're a stoner" He said while laying his head on your head. You smacked it but lagged along with him. While you were laughing you looked down to find him staring directly at you. "What are you staring at?" You said with a smile still on your face. "I love your smile that's all" He murmured. You don't know why but something felt different. He reached up to your face to play with your hair and he was staring at you and the first thing you had thought was, "I can't lose you".

So you had decided to throw a pillow at him which ruined any moment going on and started an impromptu pillow fight. Soon the two of you had been tired and fell into a position that involved you lying to the side on top of him while he slept on his back.

He had then said something thinking you were asleep, "I'd rather spend time with you than anyone in the world" He whispered so quietly that he probably couldn't hear himself. You still heard it though and that was all you could think about.

"Hey, Are you okay?". You looked up from your feet and felt how wet your face was. You'd been crying this entire time.

"Yeah, i'm just a sad drunk" You murmured. Annie knew you didn't want to talk and watched as you walked away.

You had work tomorrow and schoolwork to catch up on so you decided to head to sleep. You had tried getting ready to sleep but crying earlier really tired you out so you fell asleep in just a random pair of shorts and a shirt from highschool. That night you didn't have any dreams and dreamt of nothingness.