Chapter Nine

You sat on the couch laying on Mikasa as she brutally destroyed Jean on some video game. Jean just couldn't admit that he lost.

"Nicolo invited us to a party guys!" Sasha said as she suddenly burst into the living room. "Okay?" Jean replied, not caring. Sasha smacks his head and faces Mikasa and you, "That means I need you guys to make me look hot, duh!".

You get up well, more like Sasha drags you and Mikasa off. "Very... um-" Mikasa started before you elbowed her. It was pretty obvious that picking out outfits hadn't been Sasha's strong suit. "Is it really that bad?" She groans, falling to her bed. "Um yeah" Mikasa outrightly says and you send her a glare. "What? I'm answering her question" She shrugs.

You went to your room to pick out some clothes and Miksa followed suit.

After what seemed like hours, you finally decided on an outfit. A crochet square crop top from your closet and a pair of jeans from Mikasa. She had a pair of platform sandals which weren't too bad, so you let her keep them on. You did Sasha's makeup while Mikasa did her hair.

"Thanks, guys" Sasha finally said after looking at the result. You could see her eyes watering and you wrapped your arms around her, securing her in a hug. "Y'know, you could pay us back by buying us snacks on the way back," Mikasa said. "Um... I think I hear Connie calling me so-" Sasha started before dashing into the living room. "Ah, usual Sasha" You giggled.

You changed, sporting a halter top and shorts, and slipped on some slides. You did your hair and applied a swipe of mascara and lip gloss before leaving your room.

Everyone was sitting in the living room and you realized they were all waiting for you. "Oh, sorry guys," You said awkwardly.

You sat in the front but went in Jean's car to avoid talking to Eren. Sasha and Mikasa had joined you and you could tell Jean was happy Mikasa came at the last second. "So tell us more about this Nicolo guy," I asked, curious. "Besides that, he's hot" Mikasa chimed.

"I bet I'm hotter than him," Jean said, and the car went silent before we burst into laughter. "You're so confident, Jean" You giggled ruffing up his hair. He smacked your hand away and frowned. "C'mon guys, Jean isn't hideous though" Mikasa smiled patting his head. And just like that, Jean's frown turned into a smile.

You smiled as Jean said something, and Mikasa actually laughed at it. You seriously couldn't believe they still hadn't gotten together yet. They complimented each other well, and it kinda reminded you of what you and Eren had been like once upon a time.

No, you couldn't think about that. You forgot about your prior thought and continued to ask about Nicolo.

You arrived at the party, which had been at a more public part of the beach. There was a bonfire already going on since it was dark out already.

Nicolo looked up and started walking towards the group. His pictures definitely didn't do him justice. He was even hotter in person. You pushed Sasha forward, and you heard a conversation start between them.

You must have been standing there too long admiring the two of them, because when you looked beside you, everyone had already left your side. You followed Nicolo and Sasha and sat next to Connie and Armin.

Connie handed you a drink, and you took it. Although there wasn't much of a party going on, you were still enjoying it. A song came on and you dragged Connie and Armin to dance, but only Connie was willing to dance.

"Is it just me or is everyone hooking up on this trip?" Connie said, pointing to Sasha and Nicolo. You turned around and saw Sasha and Nicolo dancing together. Definitely not the way you and Connie were dancing, however. "Yup" You replied while taking another drink.

The mood had simmered down, and you were feeling uncomfy when you realized Connie was making out with some girl. You looked over at Armin, who was texting Annie. You sighed and finished your drink and got up.

You told Armin and Connie you were going on a walk, but it didn't seem either of them was paying attention.

You looked all over for Mikasa since she had disappeared the second you got out of the car. Your answers were solved a couple of minutes later when you saw an unbelievable sight. Mikasa and Jean making out. You were shocked and pinched yourself to make sure what you were seeing was real.

You smiled and made a note to ask one of them tomorrow.

You continued on your walk and your phone lit up. You had gotten a text but from an unknown number. "How are you doing, Schatz?" You read the text out loud. You felt something in your brain tingle, but you were definitely too drunk to answer. You made a note on your phone to text back before continuing on your walk.