Rain Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

FERNANDO DABUEX AWAITED with Paulo Pliego in the living room of their humongous house.

"Is the girl dead?" asked Fernando, wiping his black hair back.

"Yes. No one has a clue of how she got there, just like you said," replied Paulo.

"Cops these days, I was really expecting the lieutenant to catch on to my brothers game."

"Friend, she's been working on the Rose Murder Case, I doubt she's had any time to see to our little friend."

"Then mijo who found the body?" asked Fernando.

"The lieutenant's son Jaylon. We go to school together."

"Are you two friends?"

"Are you kidding!? I hate that kid's guts. I'd kill him if I had the chance too and so would anyone else on the tennis team." yelled Paulo.

"Paulo! You need to earn his trust, he's not the enemy here. He might can help us."

"If we need help from him then forget all of this! We can find another way Fernando, we're smart. We can find another way." said Paulo.

"Paulo as long as I am your guardian while your father is away you will listen to me! Jaylon can't be that bad. He's the son of a cop, he knows things. He might can help us find out who killed your friend. Just give him a chance."

"Fine, fine. Can we please get to Texas Roadhouse now!"

Fernando got his off brand leather jacket off the back of his chair and together him and Paulo walked out to their black Mustang and headed for the Roadhouse.

When they got there, they parked in the back and walked all the way around. Paulo hated to do that but he didn't say anything. Once they got inside, a preppy little waitress came to them and said, "sorry guy but if you want to eat inside it'll be at least a thirty minute wait unless you have a reservation."

"We don't have one so we'll wait." said Fernando.

"Well then here, take this buzzer." said the waitress, handing Fernando the black contraption. They went and sat down on the benches beside the roll counter and the smell of the sweet bread overpowered them.

Paulo noticed a tall Mexican guy staring him and Fernando down. Paulo stood up showing the other guy that he wasn't scared, then he realized who it was. Oh god, wrong move, he thought.

The guy was indeed Rafael Santiago. He came over to them with a wicked smile and laughed.

"We'll if it isn't Pliego and Dabuex. What are you two guys doing here, would you like to join me and my crew for dinner. We just sat down." he laughed.

"Um, I'm not sure." said Fernando.

"Come on, I insist. It wouldn't feel right if I didn't have one of my old friends and his "mijo" as you call him not join me."

"Alright."

Right when Paulo and Fernando stood up, Paulo looked at the green hinged door opening. He saw his worst enemy, it was Jaylon Seastrunk. He had people with him, a guy and three girls.

"Loser club," laughed Paulo. Jaylon had heard him over all the loud music and talking and then looked up at him. Paulo wanted to give Jaylon and evil smile, so he did. He dug out the most wickedest, crooked smile he could catch.

Jaylon looked back the other way and Paulo noticed a tear about to come down from Jaylon's eye.

Paulo looked at the waitress as she went over to Jaylon.

"Reservation for Jaylon Seastrunk!" she yelled.

Rafael looked back at the boy, he knew that name. Paulo looked at Jaylon too, he looked happy and that made Paulo mad for some reason. Jaylon and his friends were taken to a booth and Paulo and Fernando followed Rafael to their booth.