Rain Chapter 43

Chapter 43:

SAMUS, CELIST AND I continued on our path. We were very quiet but the sound of feet sliding on the sidewalk broke the silence. We all quickly turned around in our fighting positions. Landon was behind us, he smiled at us.

Landon looked at Samus and just shook his head.

"I knew you would go and bring little ole' Sammy to life, to bad she's going to die." said Landon. I noticed Jill coming up behind Landon and I didn't say a word, we had the element of surprise.

Jill kicked Landon in the back and ran over to us, Landon spit out blood and laughed up a storm. He was enjoying getting beat up, why was that? Then it hit me with absolute certainty.

Landon was taking the power out of everyone else and using it has a defense. Jill started feeling woozy, she looked like she was about to throw up. Celist began feeling a excruciating pain in her ankle and fell to the ground.

What was really going on now, I thought Light Hearts could manipulate their powers, but I guess not. Celist got back up with confidence.

"Landon cut this out, you won't win. And messing with a goddess's powers, you really want Jaylon to stay this time don't you," said Celist.

"I don't have to mess with your powers, I'll just let Paulo do that for me. Once I convince him that you are the cause of Jaylon's disappearance, I'm positive that he'd come after you, don't you think?"

"Or he might believe me," I said.

"Whatever you think brother, are you forgetting that I'm very convincing," Landon disappeared and I think we all could've guessed where he was going. Jill came up to us and she hugged me a little bit.

I showed no emotion in the hug, and when she smiled at me, I turned away. I began having a vision. I saw myself on Skytown talking to Celist. She kept calling me "Alexander." That must've been me in my past life.

"Celist, I go back to Earth today, I don't want to leave here," said Alex.

"I'm sorry but I don't control this,"

"I can't deal with the pain over and over again. Sooner or later, someone is going to realize that I am the same person over and over again,"

"We'll let them do that, your fate has been decided. There's no escaping this, you have to move on. Think about the world." said Celist.

"I think you know what happens to the world when I come back after my next life,"

"Yes, I know. I can't stop that though,"

"An innocent man, with kids is going to die because of me!" My pupils dilated and I was out of the vision.

"What's wrong Jay?" asked Jill.

"Jill, how about you go to Paulo, I'll send you there." In a matter of seconds Jill was gone.

"Celist, who's going to die when I leave?" I asked.

"Jaylon, I can't tell you that. The risk of-"

"Why have you been keeping secrets from me! Tell me who is going to die!" I yelled. Samus started feeling uncomfortable.

"Jaylon, I hate to say it but, I can't tell you. I want to tell you, but then, like when you were Alex, you went and if something stupid."

"What did I do?" I asked.

"Let's just say that's how Fernando's family was cursed and marked."

"Marked?"

"For death," said Celist, putting her head down. Oh no, I knew who was going to die now. Why did it have to be him, I already killed his dad. Fernando was going to die, Paulo and Jill's dad.