28| End game

“Detective, as you did find out the truth, then how about taking this secret to your grave?” said Max and raised his gun at me.

So, he is trying to kill me?
I remained calm. But I was really enjoying this show.

“Imagine, tomorrow the headline of the newspaper is gonna be <<One of the prodigies of Eagle Investigation, Detective Diego has been murdered>>”

“Yeah. That’s gonna be the day when you are going to be the happiest man on earth. But you know what? Defeating me isn’t that easy.”

I was confident. But I suddenly had a second thought. What if I really die? What if something goes wrong with my plan? I had these thoughts but I can’t show any weaknesses and I need to stay calm. I can’t let myself die so easily. I’ll fight till the end.

“Who do you think you are? You think you are great and hard to defeat but actually, you are nothing but a person who only loves to show off. You aren’t clever, you know?”

“Oh yeah? Then how did I solve this case and found out the truth? Don’t tell me that you were foolish and couldn’t plan the murders properly. Actions speak louder than voice.”

He was taken back for a moment.

“Hah. Anyways, it is clear that I won and you lost.” said Max.

“Pfft. You are funny, you know? Look behind your back.”

“You can’t fool me. I know that there is nothing behind my back.”

“Oh well then you can die. I am telling the police to kill you from behind.”

This time, he turned to see what was behind him. There were polices who pointed their gun at him.

I took my gun out of my pocket and kicked him in the leg. He fell on the ground and now was surrounded by polices. He couldn’t shoot anyone as he fell on the ground and I put pressure on his back with my left hand.

“Crap! I should’ve seen that coming.” shouted Max.

“You underestimated me again.”

“If we have another life after this life, I will hunt you down, torture you and then kill you in the most painful way.”

“I’ll be waiting.” I smiled at him.

“You are not taking me seriously, right?”

“Not really. But make sure to not underestimate me. It looks like you still didn’t learn your lesson.”

He gave up. He literally started laughing and crying at the same time.

“At last, I never found happiness! It’s so funny! Why was I even born?” he said and continued to laugh.

I am sure. He is totally out of his mind. But I don’t feel sorry for him. At all. He murdered and accused innocent people. Why would I feel sorry for someone like him? Though I may say that his life was quite miserable. He suffered a lot. But still that's not really a reason for which he chose the wrong path.

A police carefully approached towards him and seized his gun and told him that he was under arrest for committing  four murders and accusing many innocent people.

“I won the game.” I whispered on his ear.

THE END

A/N:
How was the last chapter? I tried to make the villain/murderer someone for whom people would feel sorry for but at the same time hate him for killing so many people. And I think that bad people with background stories are really cool.
Anyways, hope you enjoyed this novel!

LEAVE YOUR FEEDBACK HERE!
(It would mean a lot if you care leave  your feedback on this novel here.  Advices and criticism are welcomed!
Also let me know whether you were shocked or not.)

)