Chapter Two - Sleepover? COUNT ME IN!

I ended up staying home, of course. I couldn't necessarily go as a girl, now could I? I was painfully looking at myself through the reflection on the dead television. I was a girl. A girl. Last time I checked I didn't run into an magical fairies last night that would make me into a female. I hadn't wronged any evil witch recently so that can't be a problem. Last night wasn't a full moon and I didn't wish upon any shooting stars. Magic doesn't even exist. 

I tuned in to the radio interviews, just to see what the lads would say about me. Each was the same. 

"So where's Niall?" The host would ask. I imagined the boys nervous on the lie.

"He's had a bit of a family emergency and will be gone for a while. It's unfourtunate but he doesn't want anyone to...erm, find him, I guess?" Liam explained.

"Yeah he doesn't really want any publicity about it. It's pretty serious." Harry added, making a nice save. 

"That's too sad! Is there any details you can release?" The nosy host asked. Of course they want any detail they can get their grubby little paws on.

"Not much, it's a pretty private situation." Louis said. 

"He's pretty torn up about it and really wants privacy." Zayn added. My boys, lying like theifs. I'm so proud.

The other two interviews were the exact same when the question about my absence was brought up. It would do, I could only imagine what my parents might think or what management might say. I could only cross my fingers and pray none of my relatives hear about this. 

Please O Magic Spirits that took away my penis and replaced it with a vagina...please let this be descrete and not let my family hear about this. Please.

~*~

"WE'RE HOME!" Liam shouted as soon as he opened the door. I was seated on the couch in the living room, watching football, when the whole gang piled in, plus a girl I'd never seen before. I stared at Liam, wide-eyed, while he stared at me. I guess I was supposed to be hiding.

Oops.

"Hi! I'm Madison." The girl with long brown hair said walking towards me. I tried to smile and got up, mini bags of chips falling off me. She lent out a hand. I reached forward and shook it lightly with an agitated smile.

"I'm, erm...I'm..." I stammered. SHIT. My name! What in the hell is my name?! I can't be Niall, now can I? 

"This is Ni...la. Nila." Liam blurted out. Madison turned and looked at Liam so I was free to send a death glare to Liam. Nila? That's the stupidest name I'd ever heard. Madison turned back to me.

"Nice to meet you, Nila." She said with a broad smile. Damn. This girl is nice and friendly and personable. "I'm Harry's cousin. I'm studying to become a journalist and spending three weeks with One Direction is a perfect piece to show my professor!" She explained. I smiled and exchanged glances with Liam. What's my story? I wanted to telepathically tell him, but that can't happen. I'm screwed. "How do you know the boys?" She asked.

"She's my girlfriend." Liam said, magnetizing himself next to me. Inwardly I shuddered, outwardly I...shuddered. "Girlfriend. Yep. She's my girlfriend." Liam said, his arm around my shoulders. I tried to hide my disgusted and humiliated expression. Absolutely horrific. No! I'm not his girlfriend! Never have I ever wanted to be relatively close to dating Liam but now apparently I have to be. This is just so perfect I might hurl. 

"That's so sweet. Mind if I ask you a little bit about your relationship? I want to get straight to work." Madison asked. My smile dropped.

"Erm...not now. I'm hungry." I made an excuse to dive out of Liam's horrifically awkward hold and race into the kitchen. Harry followed me in.