Chapter Three - Girl Talk...Kind Of.

"Thanks again for letting me stay over!" Madison said, settling in to my large king-sized bed.

"No problem." I replied with a nice smile.

I attempted to pull all my new hair into one of those ponytail things, but I failed. It falls out all the time and there's bumps everywhere. No way am I brushing through this tangle again. That hurt enough the first time. I looked up on my phone how to put hair into a pony tail and apparently I've got to wrap the band around my hair more than once. It's a complicated process.

"I can't wait to learn more about the band. What's it like from your point of view?" Madison asked me. I slipped on some old sweatpants over my shorts. I thought about my lie for a moment.

"Different. I deleted my twitter when Liam and I started...dating...so I didn't have to worry about hate." I told her. She smiled. I still feel awkward saying that I'm 'dating' Liam. I shivered but sat down on the bed next to her. "I just wanted to preserve myself because I don't do well with people saying bad things about me." I thought for a minute, Madison's eyes staring deeply at me. "I guess I'm just a little insecure. I'm not the perfect person some people see me out to be. I'm not good at everything but people expect the best out of me. It's tiring." As I was saying this I realized I wasn't lying anymore. Then I realized what I just said made absolutely no sense to the previous topic. "I mean, I don't like my...body. I'm insecure about that and I don't want people calling me fat." I recovered.

"You? Fat? Please! You make me look like a whale! If anything it's me that's insecure about my figure." Madison said. I frowned. She thought she was fat? Madison thought that she had an ugly figure? What the fuck... "I mean next to you I'm the ugly stepsister or a tranny!" Madison tried to laugh it off but I saw truth in her eyes.

"You don't think you're pretty?" I asked in disbelief. Madison shrugged and picked at the hem of her sweatshirt.

"I mean I've just never been that girl that had all the guys. I was the nerdy girl obsessed with my phone and writing. I used to write all these stories about random things. I had glasses and I ate all the time. I thought I was funny but I wasn't at all. All my friends had boyfriends but I just was alone. All through secondary school me and my friend had a bet that if I hadn't dated anyone by graduation she would give me 50 euros but if I did date someone I'd have to give her 50 euros. Long story short, I was 50 euros richer by the end of secondary school." Madison poured out. I just stared at her, amazed. "I did so many diets and exercise things but nothing ever helped. Sure, I was never 'fat' but I'm not skinny either." She sighed. My mouth hung open.

"Are you serious?" I muttered. Madison met my eyes and shrugged again. "I mean, if someone like you is insecure, then what am I?" I said. For a second I forgot I was a girl.

"Okay, this got dense really fast. How about we just put on a film?" She asked, changing the subject. I nodded and smiled. Madison opened up my cabinet underneath my television and then I realized, for a split-second too late, that contained all my video games.

"Oh wait--"

"What are all these?" She asked. Madison turned and looked back at me. Her face slowly melted into a smile. "A gamer girl." She said. I just frowned. "Good! I'm going to destroy you in FIFA." She pulled out my soccer video game and put it into my play station.

"Wha--"

She put the game in and positioned herself at the end of my bed. I cleared my throat and crawled up to sit next to her. She handed me Player Two controller. I was about to go off but she smiled at me so I didn't. She started FIFA and we were halfway through a game (I was kicking her ass, by the way) when Liam knocked on the door. I paused the game. I went over to the door and cracked it just enough to poke my head through.