༒тωєηту ƒσυя༒

there is a song for almost all of the chaps, just letting all of you know♡︎
———————————————————-

Why didn't you tell me about Lucia coming tomorrow?"

Charles starts.

I am in the guest room, clinging around Charles as he unpacks. Narcissa, Genevieve, Draco, and my mother are downstairs, drinking tea and conversing. Charles is unpacking his clothes onto the bed as I sit against the wide window. I am looking out in silence, not wanting to fight.

"She's my friend, she can visit me."

I say.

"Why tomorrow? Why not the day after I leave?"

He asks.

"She is not free after you leave."

I answer.

"She doesn't have to visit though."

He mutters aggressively.

I look away from the window. I settle my eyes onto him as I grow slightly impatient.

"Why are you unsettled by the fact that my friend is going to visit me?"

I ask.

"Because you always hang out with your friends whenever you have the chance to be with me. Do you not want us to be alone, just for a second?"

He asks.

"I do, but-"

I begin, but he cuts me off.

"No, Iris, you don't get to fill me up with more excuses. I love you, and I told you this."

"And I told you that I loved you too."

I remind.

"Then why do I feel like you're going to slip away?"

He asks.

"I don't know."

I say under my breath.

❥༒❥༒❥༒❥༒❥༒❥

"So, when did you two meet?"

Narcissa asks.

Right now we are all eating dinner in the dining room with the large chandelier and the large, oak table. Charles is on my left and Genevieve is on my right. Narcissa is sitting next to my mother and in front of Charles while Draco is sitting in front of me.

"In spring."

Charles answers.

"And how did you guys meet?"

She asks.

"I saw her before class, so I decided to sit next to her to make small talk."

Charles answers.

"Was it love at first sight?"

Genevieve asks, making me slightly choke on my food.

"For me, yes."

Charles answers as he looks at me with a smile.

I give him a gentle smile back as I pray in my head that somebody will ask a different question.

"How old are you again?"

Genevieve interrogates with a slight glare.

"Just turned seventeen."

He answers.

"So how long have you been dating my daughter?"

My mother asks him.

"Around two and a half months."

He answers.

"And you treat her well, right?"

She asks, and it makes me think.

He has been treating me well, but I wonder if I have been treating him well. He tries to push our relationship to the next level, and I ignore it, and I am starting to wonder if I am the one in the wrong. He always hints that I'm being ungrateful, so I'm starting to wonder if I have been harsh against him. I feel like an idiot.

He answers something amusing, because Narcissa and my mother laugh along with him as I stare at my dinner. I try to stop myself from slipping into my thoughts again, but I can't help it. He's moving so fast. I feel so suffocated.

❥༒❥༒❥༒❥༒❥༒❥

Right after dinner, I slipped away to the study room/library. I need to be alone for now; so here I am, sitting in my father's chair as I stare at the ceiling.

"Were you okay during dinner?"

Charles asks as he comes in.

"I was okay, why?"

I say.

❥༒❥
Charles stands behind Iris. He begins to stroke her hair as Iris stares at him.

"I love you."

He says.

"I love you too."

She hesitantly replies.

Charles loves her, but perhaps he loves her too much. He knows that Iris is not fully devoted to him. He wants to keep her for himself. He hates the need to be possessive, but that's how he feels. He knows that it is wrong, but he wants to trap her so she can never slip away.
❥༒❥