༒єℓєνєη༒

"Iris! That is your father!"

My mother screams as I walk away from the portrait.

"Is he really? Is he really my father?"

I say with rage as I walk away from the stabbed portrait.

"He is, iris. He is your father. You should respect him-"

"Where was he when Genevieve had a fever?"

I ask.

"He had work-"

"Okay, then where was he for all of my birthdays? Where was he for Genevieve's birthdays? Where was he for your birthdays?"

I argue.

"He was busy, Iris."

My mother defends.

"I was five when I started to work hard, just for a glance from my father. I was five, mother."

I say as tears begin to stream down my cheek.

"He wasn't there when you and I had to treat Genevieve's fever. He wasn't there when I blew out my candles for my birthdays. He wasn't even there for your anniversary. How can you call him your husband? How can you call him a father?"

I say through angry tears.

A sound of a door slowly opening causes our eyes to jolt up towards the second floor. Genevieve walks towards the stairs as she rubs her eyes.

"Go back to bed, Genevieve."

My mother says as she begins to walk up the stairs.

"I heard some-"

Genevieve begins, but she is soon hushed by our mother.

"It was nothing, Genevieve. Now, go to bed, okay?"

My mother gently says.

She glares at me quickly before walking up the stairs to put Genevieve back to bed.

❥༒❥༒❥༒❥༒❥༒❥

By the time I woke up, it was already noon. Genevieve was banging on my door to wake me up from my deep slumber to accompany her to Diagon Alley for a book. Money was tight, but I guess my mother didn't pass Genevieve the memo. I get it though, I don't want to tell Genevieve that money is tight either. She is a child, she deserves to be protected by the negativity that this cruel world creates.

I quickly get out of the scorching hot shower and slip into my underwear. I wipe the fog from the mirror. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror, causing myself to freeze.

"Iris? Are you done yet?"

Genevieve beamed from afar, snapping me out of my trance.

She slaps the door of my bedroom with the palm of her hand. I can barely hear it since my bathroom is away from the bathroom door, although it is connected to my bedroom.

"Yes, just wait there!"

I reply with in a forced out chirpy tone as I walk into my room.

"What time will we be leaving?"

Genevieve asks kindly behind my door as I slip into a black mini dress and matching knee high socks.

"Right after I am done getting ready."

I reply with as I throw on a dark brown cropped coat that has a hoodie aligned with fur. 

"Did you put on your coat?"

I ask as I put on my boots.

"Yes, Iris."

Genevieve replies with before I open the door.

She smiles at me with her entire heart, causing me to smile a bit as I look down at her. Her hair is neatly curled and free against her pink coat that she wore the day she greeted me on the platform. Beneath her coat she wore a white dress that had baby blue drills around the collar.

"Iris! I put the money for the books on the dining table!"

My mother shouts from her room as Genevieve and I walk down the stairs.

"Noted."

I say as Genevieve babbles on about the book that she wants; something about werewolves and the power of the moon.

She continues to talk as I grab the galleons and stuff it into my wallet. We both walk out of the house, hand in hand.

❥༒❥༒❥༒❥༒❥༒❥

When we arrived at Diagon Alley, it felt like everyone was staring at us. I know that they weren't, but I can't help but feel like they are.

"How is it in Hogwarts? Is the library large as they say?"

Genevieve asks as she stares up at me with her excited eyes.

"The library is pretty large, Gen."

I reply with a chuckle, trying to dodge her first question as we walk into the book store.

༒❥༒
Draco cruises around the library, looking for something to buy. His attention towards the entrance door increases as he hears a familiar voice talk.

"You didn't answer my first question though, Iris. How is it in Hogwarts? I bet that it is really fun to be free with friends."

Genevieve asks with excitement and curiosity.

Draco watches from his peripheral vision as Iris remembers what has happened at Hogwarts. Her smile is now gone as she spaces out.

"Iris?"

Genevieve asks.

"Yeah, it's nice there."

Iris replies with a soft smile.

"I will wait over there, so go find your book."

Iris encourages Genevieve.

Genevieve rushes towards upstairs with a smile. The moment that Genevieve is gone, Iris takes a deep sigh. Iris looks around the book store as she clutches her forearms with her hands through the crossed arms. She accidentally makes eye contact with Draco, causing her to slightly panic. Draco rolls his eyes and begins to walk towards another section of the book store.
༒❥༒

"Here, this one."

Genevieve says as she hands me the book that she wants.

I clutch it as I walk towards the Cashier. The cashier says the price of the book as he stuffs the book into a paper bag. I place the galleons onto the table before accepting the bag. He thanks me in a monotone voice as I walk away from him.

Genevieve smiles at me as I hand her the bag.

We quickly walk out of the shop as Genevieve begins to ramble again. Genevieve talks, and all I can think about as we both move our legs, is the fact that I would rather not be here in this world.

☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☾☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽☽
Here are some list of characters that I think relates to the characters. (in order from most similarities to least.)

Iris
* Fiona from Shameless (US)
* Rue from Euphoria
* Nick from Beautiful Boy

Genevieve
* Spencer Reid from Criminal Minds
* Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls
* Lexi From Euphoria

Mrs. Willows
* Mrs. Bennett from Euphoria
* Anthea Stonem from Skins (UK)
* Gwen from The End Of The F***ing World