Rise and Shine

The alarm blasted loudly at exactly 5:00 am and Izzy, Alanah and Laoise jumped out of their beds and got dressed. They put on the purple jumpsuit they had been given. There were four teams-Purple, Orange, Blue and Green. The girls headed downstairs for breakfast at 5:30 as instructed.  They were the first to arrive at the dining room so the girls sat together. The other trainees came in dribs and drabs until eventually all the seats were full but two. Mr. Peroy began to call the role.  Alanah K-here-Izzy G-here-Laoise S-here-Blathnaid D-SILENCE. The girls hung their heads in shame. Blathnaid had already given Team Purple a bad reputation.  After the role, breakfast was served-strangely flavoured orange juice, eggs and sausages.

At about 7:00am Blathnaid and Adam walked in, seeming oddly happy. They sat down beside each other, glancing into each others eyes every now and then. Everybody waited for them to explain themselves but Blathnaid and Adam were oblivious to this. There was shuffling beneath the table and Blathnaid wrapped her legs around Adam's. The two giggled.  "What's this is see, love?" Mrs Fewdop asked suspiciously,"Well you mustn't have read the book of rules properly last night or you'd know that relationships between trainees is strictly prohibited." Blathnaid and Adam released the grip of their hands and moved slightly away from each other. "Thats better. "

After breakfast, the girls returned to their room. "Blathnaid! What'd you do that for!" Laoise exclaimed. "What? He's hot." Blathnaid replyed, while cleaning up. After the night,  Blathnaid's underware and clothes were flung on the ground alongside Adam's.  She left his clothes in Adam's room just before the training began.

The teams assembled in the yard before being driven off to the course.  A little hut for each team was at the end of the course. Every team had to suffer through a night in the wilderness, the reward was the warmth and comfort of the hut. Trees and spiky bushes were everywhere and as the race begun the teams sprinted ahead, only to be caught in the briars a few metres away. Team Purple managed to get through ahead of the other teams and raced off into the forest.