𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋 - (𝖽.𝗌)

this was requested by @scrlttz thank you so much for the request and I hope you enjoy my lovely! <3

you had been noticing that Derek had been speaking a lot to Meredith Grey. Meredith was a young first-year intern. you instantly felt threatened by them. you were a third-year resident.

"hey," Derek smiled walking over to you kissing you on the cheek.

"hey. how are you?" you asked him.

"Great actually. the interns were fighting on who gets to scrub in on the craniotomy I'm performing" Derek laughed.

"oh" you laughed. "who won then?"

"dr grey." Derek smiled.

"grey?" you asked, with a fake smile plastered onto your face.

"Yeah, you know I think you two would get along. I feel you would have a lot in common"

"hm. really now?" you asked.

"yeah, she reminds me of you" Derek smiled.

'perfect.' you thought to yourself. that's just perfect.

"hey, Derek" you smiled.

"yes honey?" he asked looking up.

"do you think I could also scrub in on the craniotomy," you asked?

"why?" Derek asked. "you aren't even into neuro"

"I know, I know. but would it not be good for me?" you smiled.

"I don't think so. you should use your time for something, that will benefit you more" he said. his pager began to go off. " I gotta go. I'll see you later"

You went into the cafeteria and bumped into Callie. Callie was married to one of the interns in the same group as Meredith grey.

"hey," you said as you sat down, "what do you know about Meredith grey?"

"Meredith grey? she isn't the worst one, but I wouldn't say I liked her. why?" she asked.

"well Derek has been speaking to her a lot and now she is scrubbing in on a craniotomy" you sighed.

"ooh" Callie said. "I mean Derek loves you I'm sure it's nothing"

"I don't know," you said rolling your eyes.

you went over to the nurses' station and you saw Meredith and Derek talking. "you have got to be kidding me" you said quietly under your breath. you didn't want to make a big deal so you tried to distract yourself. you saw two interns standing close to you talking. it was dr O'Malley and dr stevens.

"I feel bad for dr shepherds girlfriend, you know she's a third-year here," dr stevens said.

"I know she's friends with Callie," O'Malley said. you heard them and you listened carefully.

"McDreamy and Mer" Izzie sighed.

"Izzie..." O'Malley said noticing you standing there.

"I know, I know it's not a thing. I just, I totally see it happening. she is so gonna fall for him" Izzie carried on

"no Izzie.." O'Malley said again looking at me.

"What?" she said turning around, seeing you standing there. "oh crap-"

"hello. you must be dr stevens. I'm that third year." you sarcastically smiled.

you stormed over to Derek and Meredith. "I just need to take 'McDreamy' with me quickly," you said mockingly to Meredith.

"what the hell y/n," Derek said in an annoyed tone, as you reached the stairs

"what the hell to me? I think I should be saying what the hell to you Derek" you snarled. "they call you McDreamy you know. and the other interns can totally see it happening"

"y/n, what are you talking about?" Derek asked.

"ugh., you and Meredith Grey!!" you exclaimed.

"what do you mean"

"you're also talking,m letting her scrub in on your surgeries," you yelled. "how am I supposed to know there isn't something going on"

"because you're meant to trust me," Derek said raising his voice.

"how do you expect time to trust you when I hear two of her best friends saying she's so going to fall for you" you yelled again.

"you know, you sound pathetic right now." Derek sighed. "I can't deal with this"

"that's fine, I will leave you to go have fun with your little intern," you said storming down the stairs.

"real mature y/n," Derek said as he left.

you finished work for the day and you really didn't feel like waiting around for Derek. so you just went straight to your car to get home. you couldn't believe it, either. "just my luck isn't it. my boyfriend is falling for an intern" you said to yourself as you entered your car.

it was a typical Seattle evening, the rain was pouring down and you couldn't see much. 'great' you thought. a car began speeding down the road and lost control. 'oh my god' you thought and then there was just darkness.

DEREK'S POV:

I was upset, after that argument with y/n, it didn't feel right arguing. I just wanted things back to normal. I had no feelings for Meredith I just wish y/n could see that.

"Derek?" mark said walking over.

"Yeah?" I said looking up.

"I have to tell you something," Mark said in a serious tone and concern covered my face. "y/n... is here"

"what do you mean?" I asked confused.

"there was a car crash, and y/n has broken her ribs and she has internal bleeding, however, she is in surgery now."

I looked at mark and began to raise my voice. "what?! shes in surgery"

"yes-" mark said, but I stormed out before he finished.

I began pacing the halls of the hospital. I found myself in a supply closet. I ended up kicking al, of the shelves causing everything to fall. I sat down on the floor, thinking about y/n, think about all of the pain she could be feeling. I loved her so much. it should have been me not her. i-i can't lose her.

mark found me sat on the floor, "Derek, shes out and awake" I stood up so fast and ran over to find her room. when I saw y/n lying there in obvious pain, but awake I couldn't feel more relieved.

YOUR POV:

you came out of surgery and I couldn't move. you were in so much pain, but you were so thankful to still be alive. you regretted everything you said earlier to Derek and wished you didn't act so childish. you weren't surprised if he didn't want to see me. however you looked up and saw him standing there with puffy, red eyes, his hair all messed up, and a smile on his face.

"y/n," he said in relief running over to you. "you're alive. thank god you're alive. i-i'm sorry for earlier. I just, I can't lose you. I don't know what I would do without you in my life"

"Derek- it wasn't you. It was me, I was being childish and bitchy. I love you so much and I'm sorry for acting that way."

"I'm sorry for making you feel like something was going on with Meredith Grey. I love you more than life itself, y/n, and I need you with me for the rest of my life" he said kissing your hand.

"and I need you with me. I should've listened to you and I do trust you, Derek. I always have and always will and always have. I just couldn't bear the thought of you not being with me" you expressed.

"well I'm not going anywhere I will stay right here with you by your side, forever," he says lying down next to you in your hospital bed.

"forever?" you asked looking up at him.

"forever." he smiled as he brushed your hair behind your ear and kissed you.

𝐀/𝐍: 𝐢 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬! <3