❅ 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 1 ❅

❅❅❅❅❅

❅❅❅❅❅

Eira Wynter has always been—and still is—the type to be nervous on the first day of school. No matter what age, where, and how many people she knew, her hands would become clammy, her heart would pound, and her face would turn whiter than snow. Thoughts of overwhelming doom would follow her as she would step up to the door of a room full of unknown faces. Chills and shivers would cover the girl; an uncommon occurrence for her type of fairy. Not to mention, it pained the girl, knowing of her moms plans to abandon her for eight hours upcoming.

However, Kindergarten was the worst year for Eira Wynter. Genevieve, the poor girls mum, had to peel Eira off of her work pants to exit the premises for an important meeting. Unknown to the girl, every year pained her mom just as much.

Now the roles are reversed as Eira leaves for college. The mother of two would never make it known, but now her heart broke knowing both of her kids are taking off for college. Eira was the last to leave the nest. Her brother, Brandon, was long gone at the school she would soon attend if her mother could let go.

Eira's mom continues to cling to her grown-up girl as if releasing her is what takes her breath away. As if the girl brings her eternal youth. This time around, Eira has to peel her mom off her so she won't miss anything of importance. When her mom doesn't let go, she continues to hug back, of course, but is quick to release it when her mom is ready.

Eira clears her throat and steps back slowly, "I love you guys, but I must go or i'm going to be late."

"Honey, let me bask in the moment." Genevieve says, hugging her daughter again. Tears continue to flood the mothers blue eyes.

Eira doesn't cry this time around. Her mother? She certainly does. The cerulean eyed girl would certainly miss her mom, of course, but she'd have to have a taste of freedom before she could truly miss her old life of living under her parents care. To achieve this freedom she must do the one thing that breaks her mom's heart. So the girl collects her bags from the car stationed in the woods; A precaution to make sure they aren't discovered.

"Aww, Mom, don't cry. I'll visit as much as I can." Eira sighs; tightly holding her bags. "It's not like I'm leaving forever."

"But our little girl is all grown up." Joseph, Eira's dad, says.

"Growing up isn't dying." Eira remedies with a smile. "I'll see you guys this summer, promise."

After realizing her daughter is right, Genevieve releases the blonde girl, looking over her daughter one last time. Her daughter's icy eyes remain calm, and her cold blonde hair falls down her back, clinging to her olive-green coat. The black leather gloves remain on her hands because of her reluctance to take them off.

"Eira."

Eira looks back up at her mother from her position staring uncomfortably at the ground of the clearing. She then, noticing her mom's graying blonde hair and kind eyes, smiles at her. Her mom advises the girl.