straw hat somehow found the kitchen and law over thinks as usual

Law felt like banging his head on the wall. Or maybe he should just slice his throat, much faster and more efficient that way. Except that would be messy and he'd prefer if the cause of his death isn't by frustration. And Bepo and the others might miss him this way.

Law rubbed his forehead and sighed.

Straw Hat hasn't noticed his appearance yet, too busy bothering the portraits and fawning over everything.

Law stared at him and seriously considered not showing himself to Straw Hat before shaking his head. A pest Straw Hat may be, they are still allies, not friends no matter what Straw Hat says, he will not abandon him now, not when.....

But Law couldn't get away now anyway, even if he wanted too. Not when he knew how sharp Straw Hat's observation Haki is. If they were gonna be stuck on the same school-world-whatever, they're bound to run into one another. Hiding now will just 'cause unnecessary problems when he's found out. That and Straw Hat is familiar, someone he knows and respects, and trusts. Hiding from him simply because he didn't want complications is inexcusable. Staw Hat doesn't deserve that. Not from him.

Law just hopes he won't lose his sanity over this.

"Straw Ha-"

"TORAO!" Straw Hat yelled in joy having finally enough with the portraits at his side and catapults himself to Law. For a second, Law tensed as he thought that Straw Hat was gonna end up hugging him and relaxed when he didn't, landing in front of him with a huge grin. He didn't think he could handle more than that today.

"Torao! It's nice to see you!" Straw Hat grinned before tilting his head to the side. "How come you didn't tell me you were here?"

Law winced and sighed.

"I didn't want to show myself." Law deadpanned and prepared for the cry of outrage, or the prying, it was always either of the two with people. That's why he didn't like socializing, too many things to work around and it isn't even worth it in the end. He could barely even tolerate his crew and he's fond of those idiots.

Straw Hat just blinked and laughed.

"Shihihihi, okay then!" He patted Law's shoulders and went to go stare at a painting of a fruit bowl nearby, head tilted in confusion.

Law, in a moment of shock and confusion, also stared at the painting. His observation Haki told him of the presence of people at that part of the castle but dismissed it and focused on Straw Hat.

Law frowned. As always, Straw Hat is an enigma. Other people have been offended at the very thought of being ignored, or at the very least ask why they were being ignored and began to pry about stuff that he doesn't have the energy nor want to answer and he ends up slashing them into pieces and leaving them behind.

Law shook his head. No use to thinking about it, he's just grateful that Straw Hat isn't prying.

Law opened his mouth to inform Straw Hat of his temporary plans for now when the painting opened up? The heck?

Law stared at the wall incredulously.

"Come on, Torao!" Straw Hat grins, eyes shining in excitement. "Food!" He yelled out as he went inside without any hesitation.

Law stared back at Straw Hat, mind blank and confusion overtaking his senses before shaking his head. He entered the room and wasn't surprised to see that it was a kitchen, he noted long ago that Straw Hat seemed to have a six sense when it comes to food, and raised an eyebrow as he saw the creatures? who was cooking food?