Chapter 11

"You know what we should do?" Niall asked as we walked through campus to my dorm room that afternoon after classes.

"What?" I asked. 

"I'm gonna take you on a proper first date." he said. I smiled at the idea.

"What do you have in mind?" I asked him.

"I don't know yet." he said.

"Well how are going to take me on a date if you don't even know where you're gonna to take me?" I asked him. 

"I'm not taking you out somewhere right this second, it was just a thought. I'll still have to work out the details." he said.

"Ohhh, okay." I said smiling. We walked up to my dorm and went inside. I slipped off my backpack and sat on my bed. My phone buzzed in my pocket and it took it out. It was a text from Maya.

M- Ella, I'm really sorry about everything and I hope you can forgive me

E-It's alright Maya, I know you did it with good intentions. I'm not mad at you.

M- Okay good, I was afriad you were.

E- No, it's okay.

M- Thanks

I put my phone down and looked at Niall. 

"That was Maya." I said.

"What did she say?" he asked.

"She was just apologizing for everything and I told her it was okay and I wasn't mad." 

"You aren't mad?" Niall asked. I shook my head.

"No."

"You're such a forgiving person." Niall said. I bit my lip, trying to hold back my laughter that was trying to escape because of how weird that sounded coming from Niall's mouth. "And do you realize how much that makes me wanna kiss you right now when you bite your lip like that?" I felt my face blush deeply. Niall came over and sat next to me on the bed, wrapping his arms around me. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Then maybe you should make me want to laugh at you more often so I'll bite my lip." I looked up at him and he was already looking down at me. He brought his lips to mine and softly kissed me. The taste of vanilla on his lips was almost addictive. When Niall kissed me, I never wanted him to stop, but I knew we had to at some point. He pulled away, maybe a little sooner than I wanted him to, and brought his arms back around me. I rested my head on his shoulder again. I could hear his heart beat, slow and steady. I could smell the scent of his aftershave lingering in the air around us. These are the moments I loved. The moments where we could just sit in silence without it being awkward, and just enjoy each other's company. The thing about Niall is that when it was just you and him alone, he could make you feel like the only person that mattered in the world.

****************************************************************

"Here we are!" Niall said, parking the car. He was taking me on our first real date and he didn't tell me what he had planned.

"Niall, this is a park." I said staring in front of me at the large area of grass with some scattered park benches.

"I know." he said, getting out of the car. I had no idea what we were doing at a park. There was no one here, and it was almost completely dark out. I got out of the car and saw Niall at the trunk getting something. I watched as he pulled out a basket and some blankets. We were having a nighttime picnic? Then he pulled out some flashlights. I went over and grabbed the blankets from him.