Getting in the way

We pull up to the party and Brandon leaves to go see his friends. I was actually surprised that he just left me there on my own.

I see Nina standing by the drinks. I go up to her.

"Tessaaa , I'm so happy to see you" She was already tipsy I could tell by the way she hugged me. She was dragging me down with her weight.

"I'm happy to see you too, what are we drinking?" I ask

"I'm not sure, a bit of everything"

"Okay" I laugh

* 2 hours later *

Me, Nina, Francesca and Paige were talking in the Lounge.

Francesca:

Paige :

Francesca and Paige are my other two friends

Francesca is telling us all about the last boyfriend she had and how he didn't treat her nicely.

I know Brandon treats me okay but I couldn't help but relate to some of the things Francesca was saying.

As we are talking we hear shouting and cheering coming from the backyard.

We all get up and run to see what's happening.

There's a group of people surrounding in a circle.

I go over there and push through the crowd as I'm short and can't see over everyone's heads.

It's Brandon and some guy fighting.

The guy throws a punch at Brandon. Then Brandon gets on top of him and start repeatedly punching him in the face. I heard someone from the crowd say "It's over who's gonna be captain next term"

Seriously. They were fighting over football .I go in between them and try pull Brandon of the guy.

All of sudden, I get punched in the face.

Everyone gasped

Nina runs over to me and holds me up. Once I find my footing I look up to see who punched me.

It was Brandon, he actually just punched me in the face.

I was waiting for him to say he's so sorry and meant to hit the other guy. But no

"stop getting in the way Tessa" he blurted out.

I see red! So I punch him square in the face.

My punch was that hard it completely knocked him out. That's where the self defence and years of training with my dad pays off.

Everyone gasped again.

When he was on the floor I walked off while still holding my face from where he punched me.

I look behind to see if Nina is coming, but before she follows me she kicks him in the balls.

Everyone gasped again

She links arms with me and we walk back to the lounge.

"oh my god Tessa, your bleeding" , she says while looking at my face.

"oh don't worry its fine" I say

"no it's not fine Tessa. He just physically abused you", she says

I stayed silent.

"Your breaking up with him" , she orders me

"it's fine Nina" I say

"Tessa stop fucking saying it's fine, it's not! I will help you break up with him.", she says

"okay Thankyou, and Thankyou for kicking him in the balls." I say

"any time"

We laugh and then carry on drinking the drinks we abandoned when the fight happened.

*30 minutes later*

"I'm gonna go to the restroom, then we will call a cab to pick us up" Nina says to me as she makes her way to the bathroom.

"o-" For some reason I felt weird not like a drunk weird but I just had a strange feeling going through my body. I couldn't finish my sentences.

I tried to stand up, and as I do i feel as though I'm being thrown over someone's shoulder.

I was too weak to fight back. I tried to but I just couldn't. I feel the cold air hit me from outside.

Maybe Nina got one of the boys to put me in the Uber. But why am I feeling like this? What's happened?

To be honest I don't know what's going on. Then I hear gunshots and screaming.

I feel someone picking me up again.

Then everything goes black .