CHAPTER 3

"I don't like Y/N, it might sound stupid, but the vibe of her in my opinion is completely off." These words echoed through your head all day long, you couldn't stop thinking about it. If anyone else had said it, you wouldn't mind it as much, but Seunghee was a strong person with an even stronger voice and presence - one physically can't mistake her for anyone else, she was very leader-like and independant. Although you kept thinking about it all day long, you never took it too much to heart, as not everyone likes everyone, and that is okay, what scared you the most is that you have a great chance of debuting with her in a group, and if that happened, you'd be forced to live with her for a few years and it would make your whole expierience so much more akward.

But in the meanwhile, why you tried to not overthink about it, it was already time for lunch. Hyeri had already seen throughout the day that you weren't feeling too good and your were certainly quiet, quieter than usual, so she had asked before to you if everything is alright, but you kept on saying that you'll tell about it at lunch time. So now was the time you tell Hyeri and Soyeon all about it, as Hyeri started "So Y/N, what's the matter, why are you so seemingly down?" Soyeon had just sat next to you and joined in, confused at first, as she hadn't noticed anything off, asking "Is something wrong?" Hyeri was quick to reply to her "Yes, Y/N over here hasn't been herself since morning, and she kept saying that she'd tell me now, so spill the beans, honey - why are you down?"

You took a deep breath and you quietly said "It's just that... I clearly felt that Seunghee dislikes me and she seems like a person that you really don't want to mess with, and later on while we were talking I heard her loudly say that she dislikes me, and I usually wouldn't mind it, everyone is not for everyone, but the fact that we might debut in a group together and she seems like someone who's very strong, it's just not leaving me alone at all. Don't worry about me overthinking, I'm not and it doesn't affect me as if I started disliking myself, it's more that I'm scared about my future and how everything will go down..."

Hyeri soon replied with a simple response, and slightly loudly "Hey, Y/N, don't take it that deep! No drama or bullying is allowed between trainees, what do you think she could do to you? And so what she dislikes you? If she has a problem with any of you, It'll have to go through me first!" Soyeon already knew what Seunghee was like, as she had been here for longer, and the girl saw that Seunghee had overheard their conversation and looked at them with her deadly stare, that could actually kill someone someday. And like that, Soyeon leaned closer to quietly warn Hyeri "If I was you, I wouldn't say that out loud. Seunghee is very threatful, and she can break rules if she wants to, she's really loved by SM, and can use her power against us all..."

Seunghee turned back once she heard that, and she seemed quite satisfied, but Hyeri just looked down and quietly said "I'm sorry for that outbreak Y/N, I hope it won't cause you more trouble..." You smirked and put your hand on Hyeri's shoulder and said "Yah, Hyeri, it's okay. We couldn't have known about this, plus no matter what, let's stay together, the three of us, okay?" Soyeon nodded to that and said "Yeah, let's all stay together through this!", meanwhile Hyeri looked up, with a small smile on her face, simply nodding in aprooval. All the three of you soon finished your meals and all 3 of you went up to your dorm, as you and Hyeri wanted to chill with Soyeon a little more before practise starts once again, perhaps even thinking of song ideas for your first monthly evaluation.

Soyeon stepped inside your dorm, adoring how tidy it was for now, saying "Wow, your dorm is so tidy? The last time I saw a dorm that tidy was when I went to Hyori's and Yuri's dorm. Although knowing how both of you are, I don't think it'll be tidy for long." She herself giggled and sat down on a chair that was in the middle of the room, as Hyeri mentioned "So, what will we do for the evaluations? I think I have 1 song in mind that I think we all could agree on..." The girl looked at both of you, as you all noticed what song Hyeri was talking about, so Soyeon began to sing the first line of it "여기 숨쉬는 이시간은..." as you continued, joining her in the next line "나를 어디로 데려갈까..." and Hyeri joining in last, as you were now all singing it together "많은 기쁨과 한숨들이 뒤섞인 이곳에서...". You all agreed to choose Roo'Ra's song 3!4! as it was the song you all enjoyed and it brought you together in the first place.

After further discussions, you decided on the line distributions and agreed on when would you come together to learn the choreography, even if you all almost knew the entire dance, you had to come together to learn it with positions and formations. Then you needed the second song, which brought many discussions. At first you thought of taking an H.O.T. song, but Hyeri always felt very akward around that choice, so you and Soyeon knew that you couldn't take any of their songs. Soon, you suggested to pick Turbo's song My Childhood Dream, and both girls agreed to that. You all decided to meet up after practises tomorrow, and just like that, you realised you had to go back to practise, so Soyeon went to her own dorm to get ready.

You all got to your practise at time, as you spotted all the other 7 female trainees, yes, even your so called "arch nemesis", Seunghee. Even if you never understood why Seunghee disliked you that much, as she was a very talented vocalist, you thought that Hyori would be more threatning to Seunghee, but she didn't even seem to notice Hyori, and you couldn't decide if that was better or not. But you didn't let it bother you, you had to focus more on your pronounciation in korean, as you were told in your rapping practise that you must focus on it a lot. So the practise started, and you had to sing Deux's song Turn around and look at me, you were given the lyric sheets, and began singing the song, waiting for your turn.

The singing mentor didn't have too many negative things to say, and if she had, she'd only point out some small things that must be done differently technique wise. All of the girls here were pretty average in singing, while some were really outstanding. And again, you were mostly told to change your pronounciation on some things, as you still struggled to pronounce korean perfectly, especially when singing. You heard Hyeri and Soyeon's voices, and you were really proud of them, as they both did really well, but Seunghee and Hyori really pulled it to another level - their vocals are truly main vocalist worthy. Like that, the practise soon ended, but something unexpected happened - after the mentor left, Seunghee sharply asked for all of the girls to stay, looking specifically at yoy, which got you scared.

She started her supposed "speech", as everyone was so drawn to it for some very odd reason, it really seemed like she got us all under her control "So there is a reason why I asked you all to stay..." Her glare was so sharp at me, while you looked so vulnerable in her eyes. You didn't dare to say anything against her, considering your bad first impression on her, no matter how much you wanted to, and considering the previous events between Hyeri speaking so loudly, even she didn't do or say anything, standing pretty near to you, just in case something sudden happens. This type of tension never led to anything good, and it was stressing you out to the max, but Seunghee kept making it so long, dramatic and worrying, just to keep the tension ongoing. "Something really bad has happened, and I was trusted to get to the bottom of this..."

"There has been a thief that has stolen some of Moon Heejun's, yes, the Moon Heejun of H.O.T.'s money, and there are suspitions that it was one of us, but I was able to investigate and my biggest suspitions are falling on one person..." We all looked around at each other and Soyeon asked in a confused manner "But who could it be, who would be like that between us?" Everyone looked around at kept asking the same, not trying to make assumptions, but it is really hard to not assume anything about anyone when something like this has happened and it could be anyone. The so-quickly gained trust was slowly breaking apart in pieces, and rumours began arising, as everyone was waiting for Seunghee to announce who the alleged thief was.