Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Song for this Chapter: All We Do by Oh Wonder

Riley's Point of View

Sighing, I turned the knob on the front door.

I pushed it open, locking it behind me.

Dropping my book bag down, I plopped down on the couch and switched on the television.

I stared blankly at the television screen as colorful images whizzed passed the screen.

My stare was soon obscured by four figures.

"May I help you?" I stared up at them four of them standing glaring down at me with their arms crossed.

Omar turned off the television.

"I was watching that." I said, the blank tone to my voice not changing.

They continued to glare at me until Ogge spoke up.

"What is wrong with you these days? You ditched school and came home at midnight drunk. You've been rude, snappy and angry. What's going on?"

"Don't forget disrespectful." Felix added.

I rolled my eyes. "Your only two years older than me. I don't need to respect you." I looked at him.

"Yes you do!" He screamed angrily.

"No, I do not."

"Yes. You. Do!"

"Nope."

"Ogge!"

"That's enough you two! Riley apologize to Felix." Oscar commanded.

I laughed and stood up from the couch, sticking my face right in his.

"Like I'll listen to you. Besides, don't you have a date to get to?" I smiled, walking away.

I felt a hand grab my arm. I swung my arm back, "Don't touch me!"

Not turning around at their screams for me to come back, I slammed my bedroom door.

Just then, I got a text.

I'm outside :) -Hunter

I smiled, locking my bedroom door and heading over to the window.

Popping open the window, I slipped out and down the fire escape.

Jogging around to the parking lot where Hunter was waiting on his motorbike, I took the helmet and greeted him.

Slipping it over my head, he sped off to a destination he refused to tell me.

Felix's Point of View:

I stormed down the hall to her room. Smoke could probably be seen coming out from my ears. She was being so disrespectful, it was aggravating!

I tried the knob, locked.

"Riley Anne open this door!" I screamed, she ignored me.

"Riley!" I pounded a fist to her door. Still no answer.

Suddenly an idea came to me. I picked up a hairpin I had found on the floor.

I slid the pin in to the lock and after juggling it around a little bit, the lock clicked open.

I looked around her room after not seeing her on her bed. "Riley?" I called out.

I saw her window to the fire-escape open with the white curtains flowing around due to the cold air. Worry clouded my mind as to where she went, who she was with or if she was in any type of danger.