Chapter 6: New Home, New Journey

As I stood there, just taking the beautifully chaotic scene, I didn't realize the swarm of people running towards us until I was greeted by a smack across the face from Annabeth. I could tell that she didn't swing at full strength, but it stung enough to bring me back to reality. 

"What in Hades happened to you?" Annabeth scolded as she pulled me into a hug. Her voice was flooded with relief but I was still thinking of the hand print still present on the left side of my face, so I didn't hug back. She pulled away and held me by my shoulders "You had me- us worried sick."

"Hey half-pint! Long time no sea?" Percy interrupted with a touch of a joke in that last word.

"Ha, ha." Dia responded. "Very funny."

"Sea what I did there?" Percy asked playfully.

"Now is not the time for jokes Percy!" Annabeth and Dia both snapped at the same time. 

Percy was probably about to say some other ludicrously sarcastic comment, but one look from Annabeth made him close his mouth and tilt his head down ever-so-slightly. He basically stayed silent the rest of the time. 

"Where have you been?" Annabeth asked. "We thought you were lost, or captured, or dead!"

"Geez, Annabeth, give the kid a chance to speak." Piper said. 

With that Annabeth let me explain. I tried to tell them everything starting from the moment the hydra burst through the wall at the emporium. Dia helped fill them in on details that I missed while I was with the hunters. 

"Oh. My. Gods." Annabeth said. "He's just like Leo."

"But Leo can't do anything like that." Percy said. "He can't inhale fire like that. Fire may not be able to harm him, but it can't heal him."

"It also doesn't replenish his strength." Piper added.

I stood there awkwardly as they looked at me like I was some weird science experiment. I was extremely uncomfortable, but I was saved from further inspection when the man in a wheelchair from my dreams came trotting up the hill. Yes, trotting. His lower half of his body was a white stallion. Half horse man broke through the group and told most of the bystanders to return to their activities. 

"You two," he pointed to Dia and I as he said it. "Come with me."

As the three of us walked towards the four story building some of the other people gave us looks that said something along the lines of "They are so screwed." When we were inside, it looked exactly my dream, so it made the situation a little less intimidating. We were asked to tell the story again. I decided to start from the day that I was taken. He never interrupted and let us tell the story. When we were done, he called out for a nearby camper. He sent them to find another camper named Leo. 

I didn't connect the dots until a Latino male with impish features and curly black hair walked in. He had a mischievous grin and he walked in with his hand on the back of his head like he owned the place. He wore an orange camp t-shirt and khaki work pants held up by a tool belt with an outrageous amount of pockets and holders. He was covered in grease and oil stains but I could tell he was powerful in his own way. He wasn't a fighter like Percy and he wasn't a strategist like Annabeth. He could have been quick whited and clever just by his looks alone, but I have learned not to judge based off of looks.

"What's the deal, Chiron?" Leo asked. "I was in the middle of building something."

"Maybe he could help you with that." Chiron said pointing at me. "It turns out you have a new sibling."

"No way!" Leo said obviously excited. 

"Give him a tour of the camp and all of that. And make sure he doesn't set anything on fire. Your kind of demigod can get a little out of control." Chiron said calmly. He smirked at Leo's facial expression and walked further into the house.