~15~

I wake up sprinting to the restroom. I needed to pee. I knock, and there was no answer. I knock again no answer. I open the door and don't see Mer, Derek was behind me because my knocks to the restroom woke him up "Mer?" I ask and I walk closer and see her underwater "Meredith!" Derek yells pulling her up. "What are you doing?" Derek asks. "Mer, you okay?" I ask while moving her hair out of her face and she nods. I walk out knowing Derek was going to talk to her.

As I got ready I look at Izzie while she hands me my coffee. "I was taking a bath" I hear Mer say "That's not a bath. I know what a bath looks like" Derek says "Drop it" Mer says. I look at Derek and he nods, giving me a signal that she isn't talking to him. "Look, you mother-" Derek says "Drop it" Mer repeats "Your mother, look, you mother was lucid, and she said things, and she now she's," Derek says "Gone, and everything back to normal. It's not a big deal." Mer says. I know she's not okay so today I'll be keeping an eye on her. "Yeah, except she's having heart surgery today," Derek says. Mer sighs "Hey, do you want me to talk to the chief? I know you have the triage thing today. He'll give you the day off" Derek asks. Mer turns to me "Tell him" she says I look at Derek "She doesn't want the day off" I say "I do not need rescuing." she says and Derek rolls his eyes at me. "Oh, you would have drowned in the bathtub, if I had not been there," Derek says "I'm a surgeon. I do the rescuing. You are not my knight in shining, whatever" Mer says "So we're gonna fight because I pulled you out of the bathtub?" Derek asked. I grab my toast and start eating it, still listening to their conversation.

"You have a place. You could sleep on it. And you don't have to pull me out of the bathtub. You are everywhere, all the time, saying things" Mer tells Derek, he looked at her for a second "This is the happy ever after part. And in the happily ever after part, the guy is there, all the time, saying things, and the girls love it." Derek says. "Mer isn't an ordinary girl" I comment, "Go to work. I'll see you there." Mer says, "Just for the record, I am your knight in shining whatever." Derek says I roll my eyes "Ew, shut up" I say and start pushing him out the door, "I get it, I'll go" Derek says walking out the door by himself. I go back to Mer and look at her "I did not try to drown myself in the bathtub." Mer says I nod "Right. You just forgot to come up for air, right" I asked sarcastically. "Hey, I ate everything out of the fridge last night, everything, including a tub of butter. There's no judgment here" Izzie says, "That's disgusting" I mutter.

"You ever feel like you were disappearing?" Mer asks "All the time," Izzie says "No, but I feel like I can't move forwards. Like I do, but then in a matter of seconds I love farther back than when I started." I say, mostly I felt this way because of Mark, no matter how much space we give each other, we always end up back together, and it scared me. "Why can't I just be that happily ever after a person? Why can't I believe in that?" Mer asked, "I don't know what I believe in anymore." Izzie says. I stare at Mer "Because we would be living a lie" I say, and finish my coffee.~I was changing into my scrubs, after I was done I sat on the bench waiting for Mer and Christina. I see Christina looking at Mer with an awkward smile plastered on her face, Mer looks at her, "What?" Mer asked. Christina looks away, "Nothing." she says, I look at her confused you can see that she wanted to say something. Christina looks at Mer again, I roll my eyes as there was no progress happening. "What!?" Mer yelled as she can feel Christina looking at her, Christina steps back in disbelief, "Ok, cranky. Forget it." Christina says. "Am I the only one who thinks this triage test is a waste of time? There's a platysmaplasty on the board. I had Sloan all prepped to let me scrub in. For some reason, he looked happy," Alex said, "Well he did have a good sleep." I say remembering last night's event, everything was fine until I kicked him out once we were done.I get up since all I can hear is Alex rambling, "You know what, I'm going to go, Christina if you have something to say just say it please." I say while walking away."She is with me today, Dr. Sloan." Bailey told Jasen, "Hi, Jasen" I greet him, "Dani, glad to see you. So guess we are not together today," he says, I roll my eyes knowing I'm going to be with Bailey all day. "Sadly," I said with a pouty face, Jasen smiles. Bailey pushes me away from Jasen, "You love birds don't have to be together all the time. Trust me." Bailey said, Jasen and I laughed, "Noo! Don't take her away!" Jasen said as he pretended to reach for me, "Jasen!" I said with a smile plastered on my face reaching for Jasen. We both began to laugh, "Have fun today, because I won't" I said before she followed Bailey into the room.