~6~

I wake up in an unfamiliar bed, I groan and feel my head start pounding, I sit up and put my close on "Danielle I was going to make breakfast, I can give you clothes to wear" this guy said, I look at him "That won't be necessary. This won't happen again. Dan." I said "My names Ray," he said and I nod "Yeah. I don't care." I said getting into my car and driving back home. As I arrive I run inside "Look who did the walk of shame once again." Mer says I roll my eyes "I'm heartbroken, I get to do this without any judgment." I said heading to the shower "No judgment here!" Mer yells.

     I enter the kitchen as I was done getting ready "That's eight million... eight million dollars does not like to have juice spilled on it." George says "She spilled juice on the 8 million dollar check?" I asked and they nod "You have to take that to the bank today. It's making me nervous in the house." Mer says and I nod agreeing "I will. Just as soon as I clean out my locker. I'm fine. Really I'm fine. Denny loved me. He wanted me to have this money; he wants me to be happy. So I'm happy, Juice?" Izzie asks "Mhmm. And pancakes" I said handing her an empty plate. I take a bite, "Oh my God. It's so good." I said while taking a sip of my juice.

" I said while taking a sip of my juice

     "She's losing it. She almost battered and deep-fried an 8 million dollar check this morning." Mer says putting in her watch "That kind of money, I'd buy my own hospital and stock it full of sick people. Vavuloplasties and ruptured aneurysms. Hmm." Cristina says smiling "You are a psycho, you know that, right?" George tells Cristina making me laugh "Okay, I'm not the one with an 8 and 1/2 million dollar check I won't cash." Cristina says "Oh I agree with that. Like I understand why she hasn't used it yet, but just having it at home where it is not safe it's scary" I said. "Stop talking about me. I'm fine. I'm cleaning out my locker and I'm going home. Mer is the one with the problems." Izzie says we all turn to Meredith "What's wrong with me?" Mer asks "Well you haven't told McDreamy that you dumped McVet." Izzie says "What?" I asked shocked "You haven't done that yet?" Cristina asked "Dude, tell him already" Alex butts in "She's scared," George says "I am not scared. Derek walked away. He walked away. Maybe that's a good thing. Maybe he's happy. He's got Addison here. He's got Mark here. And Dani. He's got a lot to deal with. And I'm not going to make him feel guilty. I'm being an adult here, and I am not going to drag him into our whole... Izzie is the one with the big check!" Mer says and I just nod "I'm fine," Izzie says walking away "You need to tell him or at least you should, I can't tell you what to do and not do," I said.

      As we were following Bailey, George kept on trying to call Callie "Am I keeping you O'Malley?" she asks and he rushed towards us "M&M 15 in minutes, people." Bailey adds. "We get to go to M&M?" Alex asked, "Even if we haven't finished our rounds?" George asks "Even if. I want all of you at the M&M today." Bailey answers "Yes!" Karev cheers, Bailey turns around and stares at him in seriousness "People die in this hospital. Once a month we gather to discuss how our actions as physicians contributed to the deaths. This is a serious exercise." she says and we nod. "Dr. Bailey" someone calls for her, as she walks away, Cristina turns to us "George, Alex, you get good seats. Mer, Dani, and I will get snacks." Cristina says and we nod. I look at the parents that were talking to Bailey, the mother did not look well. Not physically ill but emotionally "We kind of got turned around on our way to admitting." Mr. Niles said "Oh, not a problem. Dr. Shepherd, uh, Mrs. Niles is scheduled for a mastectomy tomorrow. Why don't you show her and her husband up to the fifth floor. Is this the little man? He's adorable." Bailey says, "He's not so adorable at 4 in the morning and won't take a bottle. Can we just get to the room" Mrs. Niles says walking away, I stare at her but look back at the baby "Hi, baby." I said shaking his hand making him smile "It's been a rough week. She had to stop nursing. Gus here just won't eat." Mr. Niles says I nod "Why don't I take you up?" Bailey says picking up Gus "You could try putting a little sugar water on the bottle, till he gets used to it," I said, and I grab the paper from Bailey's hand and I walk back to my friends "Does that woman have breast cancer? What is she, 30 years old?" Mer asks "New baby. She probably thought the lump was a milk gland." I said "Hmm?" George asked and I just roll my eyes "Focus people. M&M. Insults flying, residents covering their asses. Our bosses getting kicked in the teeth instead of us. Seats. Snacks." Cristina says.