epilogue

Tiny feet could be heard tapping on the tile floor as Ben was cooking dinner. "Careful, Mae. Slow down," he said gently as the tiny toddler ran around the kitchen. The little girl came up behind her father and held on to his leg, crying out in fright as a very pregnant Luna came into the kitchen, sighing.

"Mae, it's bath time. Come on, you can't hide behind Daddy every time I have to clean you," she said softly, the exhaustion evident in her voice. The little girl shook her head no, and Ben chuckled at this. He found it amusing how much Mae seemed to prefer him, and he was supposed to be the scary one out of the two of them!

"Don't worry, my love. I'll give her a bath. Sit down and eat," he said as he made her plate, setting it down on the table. He grabbed Mae and lifted her in the arm, grinning at her. She was his pride and joy, and she was the sweetest little troublemaker he could ever ask for.

"Thank you, baby. This baby is one hungry little man," Luna said softly as she made her way over, kissing Ben and placing a kiss on Mae's cheek. She sat down and began to eat the delicious food he had made. "You always have been the best cook, Ben. It's amazing," she cooed in between mouthfuls.

He smiled down at her and kissed her forehead, sitting down with her to keep her company while she ate. Mae sat on his knee, content as ever, humming a cute little tune.

"How do you do that," Luna whispered, pointing at their daughter. "She's never that calm with me! How do you get her to behave?"

Ben chuckled softly. "I guess we both like to give you a hard time," he replied, giving his daughter a kiss on the top of her head. She looked just like him, actually. Her hair was jet black, eyes dark as the night sky. She was adorable, and he and Luna adored her with all their hearts. They were so excited to add to their family with their baby boy as well, though Luna knew the three of them would gang up against her when it came to behaving, of course.