Chapter 3

as mr. ackerman guides me through S.R. headquarters, we finally come to a hault. we've probably been walking in this building for 5 minutes, i never really realized how big this place actually is. after finally catching my breath, hands on my knees, chest rising up and down, i can feel my hair starting to get damp from sweating so much. i probably look a fucking mess right now, but at this point it doesnt even matter, im fuming.

the whole time back from me and mr. ackerman's encounter, we've been bickering back and forth like children. some of the things i said while we argued may have felt good when the time was upon us, but now, all i feel is regret. this wouldn't be as big of a deal as it is now if i didnt keep my mouth shut, but i just couldnt help it, i hate letting my gaurd down.

"go in my office and sit down, i have a meeting i forgot i have to attend to. do not leave, im so serious. you'll only make it harder on yourself." as mr. ackerman stood at his office doors, he held one of the doors open with his right arm, while gesturing for me to go in by wiggling his pointer finger towards said location.

all i did was nod. still standing by the door, he eyed me as i walked past him into his office. feeling a hand brush the small of my back, i freeze. my eyes dart to mr. ackermans face, only to be greeted with his usual cold, unreadable gaze, face inches from mine. as i part my mouth, i notice mr. ackerman's eyes dart to my lips for a quick second, then turning back to make eye contact with me once again.

"ill be back in probably, 30 minutes? sit down and draw or something, i don't know what brats your age do. and don't snoop through my shit" he deadpanned

"im 18 years old. you act as if im a child." i reply, furrowing my eyebrows together.

he rolled his eyes and closed the door. i stood there for a second, analyzing his office. it was pretty plain. in the middle of the room, there's two bookshelves connected to the sides of his desk with tiny cherry bonsai trees that sit atop them. cute. the only thing on his desk is a computer, a book, and theres a few papers scattered around. to the left of the room, theres a small, gray fluffy couch with blue and yellow banners that hang above it. on the right side of the room, theres only cardboard boxes that are filled with what i assume are a bunch of files.

sighing to myself, i plop myself down on the couch, beginning to plot my escape. im not staying in here, i'll stop going to school after this for all i care, this is all bullshit. im probably gonna have to wait 10 minutes so i can know for sure the coast is clear, that'll spare me 20 minutes before he comes back, i'll be long gone by then. i got this all on lock!

after i waited 10 minutes, i rose from the couch, making my way out of the door. looking side to side to make sure nobody saw me, i began walking down the hallway, passing a few doors with glass covering them. anybody behind those doors can see me, i need to be careful. making my way father down the hallway, i take one last glance at the glass doors, only to be met with that same cold gaze. mr. ackerman.