More Like Freckles

*Charlie's P.O.V*

"Can you tilt your head back a bit?"

"Ok," I say, obliging.

The struggling photographer thanks me. Several clicks later, the photo shoot ends.

My next destination is school, where I sit through three consecutive lectures before going to my abode.

I'm back past midnight. My landlord sees this as I slip a little on the staircase.

"Oh, good morning, Charlie."

"Hi," my voice carries less volume than his.

"How are you?"

"I'm fi-fine, please. Just a little tired," I retort, hoping he'll let me be. The older man instead leans on his door frame. "So there is something I would like to discuss with you."

I can already tell what it is, but I stay quiet as he continues. "Now, I understand you're in college, so you would like to have fun and whatnot. However, I've been receiving some complaints that the noise coming from your room at night is a little -" He shakes his hand.

Odd silence ensues.

"Oh, o-ok."

"Yes, so if you can also ask your partners to tone it down a little," he adds.

I nod, and he beams as if a heavy weight has been lifted off his chest. "Well, that's all. Have a nice rest."

Once he reverts into his room, I exhale.

There are no partners, just nightmares.

This is why I had to leave campus after my first year. My roommate had no idea what he should do, so he went to the R.A., and then my predicament got to Sydney's ears, and now that I live in a single room, I still have this issue.

Entering my room, I touch my laptop first. I scroll through my assignments and start one.

When drowsiness takes over, I get into bed and take a picture to post on the Instagram account Harry made for me.

My alarm is my phone buzzing with notifications I won't read.

I wake up to another day full of lectures and photoshoots. It almost escapes my mind, but then I include shopping for Sil's gift.

While making breakfast with my single burner stove, I call her. Sil says she's busy preparing for her birthday party.
She'll call back later.

*

My first two lectures are fine. The third, however, adds to my schedule. I have to take my time to understand the concepts.

I study during lunch, after which I board a train to the agency Halima's friend got me in.

When the train stops, the sun is high and mighty. Wearing rectangle sunglasses, I walk for some minutes. The agency's doors open. Thank goodness their reception has air conditioning.

"Someone's looking hot."

Pardon me. I turn to the door just as Tim, one of the models I'll work with, enters. He reiterates his comment, and I respond with, "Yes, climate change is beyond horrid these days."

"Bruv," he chuckles and points to the sunglasses. "Prada?"

Harry's, so I must take it off my head and check the brand name before nodding.

Tim smirks. "You know, I'll be on their runway show in Japan."

What are you talking about?

"I probably don't even need to go for casting calls. You know how superb my signature walk is."