Chapter 8

Klaus' POV

I wrap my arms around my baby girl, holding her close to me. I hadn't seen her since she was a newborn baby. She was so beautiful, strong, yet, so innocent and oblivious to the world she was born to, full of monsters that wish to see her dead because of my carelessness. I have been unsuccessful in making this city safe for her. My enemies just keep piling up with not enough of us to take them all down. It made me sick to think that someone came this close to harming her, images of what could have happened enter my head. A thirst for revenge pricks at my throat, I kiss my daughter's head then rush off to the cemetery. I had one witch in mind for this treason.

Several covens who used ancestral magic had tried to come to New Orleans to tap into the energy that Hope was supposed to have released to the witches' ancestors. Some had said that it was supposed to be the most powerful magic in the world. They had tried settling into New Orleans, but I made sure that no rouge covens came into my city and no covens in New Orleans left. If a coven found out, we didn't need word to spread that my daughter was still alive.

There was at least one witch I could rule out from the ever growing list of witches in my head. Over the eighteen years Hope has been away, Davina Claire has taken over her coven as the leader. The girl still hadn't given up her mission to see me dead, but I am very confident she wouldn't go after a girl to get what she wanted. She's way too independent for such foolishness. My eyes narrow at the suspected cause of this.

There has been a recently developed coven determined to put an end to me and my family. They say that my mother whispered to them in their dreams. It wouldn't surprise me if such a story was true. The psychotic bitch just won't stop until we are all dead. She has used the witches that wandered around New Orleans, they have come together and have been a huge pain in my ass since they made themselves known.

The cemetery was in it's usual state, misty and would scare any tourist out of the city. Almost no one has come here since the attack on Hope's life. It made quite an impact on the humans as well. Though, they did have reason to worry, the person responsible for the lack of commotion in this tourist attraction had it cursed. Now all the humans were haunted from the cemetery if they dare come near it.

"Attacking a teenage girl is a little beneath you isn't it Josephine?" I call out.

A red headed woman comes out of one of the empty tombs and crossed her arms, "What is the problem?" her voice was so innocent it made me sick. She wore her usual attire, she had a blue scarf in her fire-like hair that accented her pale skin nicely, the dress she wore was torn and dirty at the ends, making her look like a ghost all in herself. A beautiful ghost that would enchant any other man who set eyes on her.

"This night a young girl was walking around the Quarter without a care in the world, what was the purpose of trying to kill her?"

Josephine stands there for a moment with no emotion in her features, then giggled crossing her arms. "I think a better question just might be why were you following a young girl through the Quarter? Why is she so special? You see while I was on my way to work I came across that pretty little face, I noticed that certain little glint in her eye that reminded me so much of someone I know," she walks forward and drags her fingernail along my jaw. 

I grab her wrist and remove it from my face, "My daughter is dead, your kind made sure of that eighteen years ago," I was so tempted to break her wrist, but that would get me nowhere with this witch.

Josephine stepped back that smirk never leaving her lips, "Then why did Elijah save the girl from me? She ran from her own name, Hope Mikaelson," she grinned. "I'll get her Niklaus, it's only a matter of time before she slips your watchful eye once again, and this time I'll be there myself when it happens." she vows.