(CHAPTER 22~).

Marinette ran, she ran even though her legs couldn't take the burn anymore, until she could barely let out a breath. she ran, not to her room, but to a place which she didn't feel like she was on this trip anymore. she ran out of the hotel to the beach, out of breath she sat down at the shore letting her head fall onto her knees as she let out low cries.

Marinette was done, done trying to salvage her and Adrien's relationship. Maybe this trip was a sign the they were horrible together. Every time they would get closer, something would happen to tear them apart. It as if this trip was a curse on Adrientte.

The only thing was...it hurt, it hurt to feel that the one she has loved for years isn't the one for her. It hurts to feel like she would never find happiness, at least not with the one she wanted to find it with.

It hurts that she just told him to try love another girl, it hurt that she said such horrible words to him. It most definitely hurt to try and picture Adrien and Lila with a big happy family.

Marinette shook the thought out of her head as she picked up her phone. she wanted her papa and maman, she wanted them to tell her that everything was alright and to just comfort her like they always have.

She grabbed the phone with her shaky hand and clicked her papa's contact and held the phone to her ear. she let her head fall back down to her knees as she let out light sobs.

The phone rang a couple of times before her papa picked up. "hunny, Marinette is on the phone!" her father said excitedly. Marinette heard a few foot steps and gasps "oh my! Marinette how's the trip going dear?" sabine said excitedly over the phone.

Marinette let out a cracky giggle, she rose her head up letting the breeze flow through her hair. "its going...good, just wish I was with you guys." Marinette's smile fully faded into a frown.

"oh cupcake, are you okay?" Tom had concern in his voice. "it seems like the trip isn't going good, hunny what's wrong?" sabine furrowed her eyebrows.

Marinette sighed, she wanted to tell them everything that had happened but she also didn't want to worry them. The bluenette took a shaky breath "I- Im fine, I just have allergies.." Marinette looked at the waves splash together.

"Marinette, if there is anything bothering you you know you can tell us." tom said in a stern tone. "mhm" sabine hummed. "I know, and thank you for that but I called to ask how you're doing?"

Tho she did want to know how they were doing, that wasn't the truth, she called because she wanted to cry and whine about how horrible this trip has been for her.

Marinette put on a light smile as her parents went on and on about the bakery and knew things that had happened. The call ended not long after, Marinette put her phone back in her pocket.

At least she felt a little bit more calmer now that she has heard her parent's voice and that they were okay.

She took a deep breath as reality sunk in again, all of a sudden she couldn't breath anymore, not physically but mentally. She felt as if the walls were closing in on her, as if she was trapped in such misery, it was too much.

She shut her eyes and left her head up, the breeze still flowing through her hair. she took long deep breaths as she began to let her head wonder with positive thoughts that would get interrupted with negative one's now and then.

.

.

.

.
Adrien sat on his bed, frustration and sadness taking over. He was frustrated because Marinette never listens. He was sad because he knew that it was hard to understand and listen when you feel betrayed.