6. 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐄

— 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹 : 𝐑𝐄𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐄

you awoke to soft sheets, and the morning light trickled in through the blinds

you awoke to soft sheets, and the morning light trickled in through the blinds. shedding yourself off of the remaining glimpses of a beautiful dream, your eyes were still shut as you soaked in the warmth of your covers before letting your eyes see the sun's rays. 

it was a nice and peaceful sleep—you had never slept this peacefully in such a long time. slowly and reluctantly, you uncovered your face. you blinked, closed your eyes, and blinked again. streaks of sunlight penetrated the window and blinded you momentarily. you sat up, dragging your feet off the bed, and rubbed your knuckles onto your eyes. you stretched your arms above your head and yawned, your legs dangling off the cold,hard floor.

you flinched when you got a sudden phone call. the deafening ringtone immediately waking up all your senses as you bend your body over to the opposite side of the bed to reach for your phone. the bright screen immediately lit up in front of your face, making you flinch.

today was you and jennie's one year anniversary.

your heart slightly leaped at the thought of your sweet girlfriend surprising you with the bouquet of roses like what she did on your one month anniversary. your eyes frantically searched for the familiar username of your girlfriend on the phone but there was none. there wasn't any heart warming messages like you'd expect but instead just a flood of reminders about your upcoming tests. you reminisced about the "honeymoon phase" of your relationship when she would send you adorable messages every single morning,, it wasn't like she never stopped months ago but you couldn't help but find herself staring at the screen every morning for the sight of the very messages. you managed to climb out of bed and groggily slip on your outfit, stuffing your phone into one of the fuzzy pockets.