ᴀ ʀ ʀ ᴇ s ᴛ ᴡ ᴀ ʀ ʀ ᴇ ɴ ᴛ s

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Don't let it get in your head okay? There's three of them, and two of us. That's typical Kook shit right there." JJ said, referring back to last nights events.

The Pogue's were helping Mr. Hayward around his store, since this was the only way Pope's dad would let him go out with them later.

"Hey Pope, there's someone here to see you." Mr. Hayward said, entering the store.

Radio chatter came from a walkie talkie, and in walked Deputy Shoupe with an intimidating presence. Sage could feel the tension and anxiety in the room rise, as they all exchanged concerned looks.

"Evening officer." Pope said, dropping everything in his hands, and straightening out his shirt.

"I have an arrest warrant for felony destruction of property." Shoupe said, grabbing Pope by his shoulder and turning him around while he reached for handcuffs.

"Keep your hands on the counter where I can see them." Shoupe demanded.

"What? Woah, Shoupe. What did he do?" Hayward asked, holding his arm out, and walking over to the two.

"Wait, no." Sage said, stepping between Pope and Shoupe trying to stall.

"Young lady, out of my way." Shoupe demanded, pushing Sage aside.

"You're arresting him?" Kie asked with shock written all over her face.

"You're just arresting my boy? Hello? Shoupe are you listening?" Hayward asked, waving a hand in the deputy's face. Shoupe lightly shoved Mr. Hayward out of the way, as he put the cuffs around Pope's wrists.

"You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can, and will be, held against you in the court of law." Shoupe recited, dragging Pope outside.

"How much did they pay you man?" JJ asked, and Shoupe just brushed him off. Sage could see the fear in Pope's eyes grow as he got closer and closer to the cop car outside.

"Come on Shoupe, you ain't got to do this." Hayward said, following them outside.

"Dude, let him go." JJ said, harshly grabbing Shoupe by the shoulder.

"JJ, don't." Sage said, taking his hand off of Shoupe's shoulder.

"How can you just arrest him? Where's you proof?" Kie asked. Shoupe kept ignoring the questions thrown out by each of them, and opened the back door to the cop car.

"It wasn't him!" JJ yelled. Everyone froze, and turned and looked at JJ. Sage looked at him with pleading eyes, silently telling him it wouldn't go down well for him.

"JJ, please." Sage begged, her eyes starting to fill with tears. Sage knew what would happen if he took the blame for Pope, and JJ's dad had to bail him out of jail.