2 | twoAM

You scrolled through his profile and noticed his cover photo displaying a picture himself in his uniform for Japan's Olympic National Volleyball team. You swiped through his photos, widening your eyes when the second picture popped up—displaying a thirst trap mirror pic of himself in the Schweiden Adlers volleyball uniform, proudly showing off the number twenty on his jersey. You stared down at his toned torso and abs peeking underneath the white uniform through his pose, placing your left hand over your mouth.

You raised your eyebrows as you didn't notice Kageyama was a famous athlete in Japan, playing for both the Schweiden Adlers and Japan's Olympic National Volleyball team. You immediately scolded yourself for not taking him seriously and acquiring his number at Sugawara's party. Luckily somehow through fate, you stumbled across his Tinder account, praising the universe for giving you another chance. Most of his pictures consisted of death stare selfies, a few more "shirtless at the gym" mirror pictures and one little throwback photo of him in high school posing with a younger Sugawara.

You immediately swiped right and instantaneously matched with Kageyama. Within a second, he messaged your account with a greeting and a smirk emoji attached at the end.

"Hey (Y/N). Long time no see. Do you still remember me?"

Within a few hours, Kageyama sent over his address and you found yourself riding his dick at 2AM. Both of you fucked relentlessly for hours until you passed out from exhaustion. By the time you woke up in the morning, Kageyama's arms diligently wrapped around your body under the covers with his warm chest pressed up against your bare back. You felt warm and loved the feeling of Kageyama's face snuggled up against the crook of your neck while his soft breathing remained in sync with yours.

Your secret meetings happened on regular occurrences from there on. The same happened every week—Kageyama would text you close to 2AM and you would get ready to head out to his condo in the outskirts of Tokyo, driving around an hour to see him from your apartment on the other side of Tokyo. After completing your mandatory shadow hours at Miyagi Elementary, you decided to move back to your hometown, which conveniently was a lot closer to Kageyama than you thought.

Kageyama was a part of Japan's Olympic National Volleyball team and the Schweiden Adlers, and you had known that since the beginning. You knew what you were getting yourself into when you started regularly hooking up with him; knowing how busy his schedule was with volleyball practice, conference meetings and away games.

Shit, you would even brag to your friends and acquaintances about Kageyama—how amazing he was in bed and how he was a famous professional athlete. Yet, deep down inside you knew how empty your words were when the romantic aspect of your relationship with him started to come into question.

Kageyama always dodged your inquiry of being in a relationship with you, always saying he didn't have time to return any sort of affection due to his stoic and aloof nature—always preferring to dedicate his time and attention to his work. Yet, you couldn't stop thinking about how passionate he would be while he fucked you—kissing you like you were the last woman on earth; touching you like you were his and only his. It made you fall in love with him more each time, and you knew the deeper you fell in love with Kageyama, the more you would regret it in the end.

Your phone underneath the covers buzzed again. You knew exactly who it was, yet you still felt that rush of excitement whenever Kageyama texted; whether it be for a 2AM rendezvous or a simple chat about your day. You extended your right arm and fished for your phone underneath the blanket—the bright background of your lock screen and the text notification from Kageyama shining brightly at your face.

"Heading home. See you in an hour."

You heavily sighed, knowing exactly the routine. He texts. You comply. You're dicked down underneath him. You both fuck for hours. It was what you guys usually did together. You stared at your phone for a second before quickly typing what you had wanted to say to him for such a long time. You ended your sentence with a period instead of a question mark, intentionally meaning for it to be a command. You pressed the send button and watched the text bubble pop up.

"Come and see me for once."

You stared at the chat log for a long time before you saw the text message status change to read. You slumped back against the headboard of your bed and patiently waited for Kageyama's reply. You fiddled your thumbs, wavering it above the touchscreen keyboard pretending to write as you contemplated whether or not to send another text.

Several minutes passed as you waited patiently for Kageyama's response, yet still receiving nothing. You sighed softly and typed out another text as the rapid keyboard clicks echoed throughout your room.

"I'll be over in a few."

You pressed send, watching the text transform into a blue bubble message. You couldn't decide whether to be disappointed in yourself or not. You kept falling for his silly little games over and over again, and this time was no different. Once again, you got stuck in the ritual, stressing over which black lingerie to wear, the way he always liked it.

As you shifted through your dresser drawers, you got stuck up thinking about the last time you were with Kageyama—the way he fucked you like no one else has; your head buried in his mattress with your back arched. You remembered the full body mirror he had in the corner of his room and how it faced your view perfectly. You would always lift your head to see Kageyama's naked body behind yours and watch everything he was doing to you.

Kageyama would lift his hand up and smack your ass before gripping your waist tightly and leaning forward, sucking and kissing on the area between your right shoulder-blade. He knew exactly which spots you loved, always making sure you were well taken care of before he received any pleasure from you.

You couldn't stop thinking about how every time he fucked you in front of the mirror, he would stare down at your body, looking at you like he loved you. It made you feel some type of way, always sending a rush of euphoria up to your brain as you were deeply in love with him. Yet, you knew better than to childishly think that, as you knew he didn't and would never love you back. You tried not to care, or at least show like you didn't care as you both knew there was only one reason you two were together: to fuck.

He reached his left hand around the front of your neck and choked you, pinching both sides with his thumb and middle finger to block the flow of oxygen to your brain. He pulled your head back as you closed your eyes, still feeling everything he was doing to you.

Sometimes you wished time would stop in those moments with Kageyama, as it was sometimes the only affection you would receive from him. On occasions, he would take you out on a date to a nice restaurant, or take you to go see that one movie you kept raving about. Yet, that wasn't all the time, and usually only seen as friendly gestures from him. He was usually always busy practicing for volleyball games, playing at his volleyball games or hanging out with his volleyball teammates.

Volleyball.

The one thing really in between you two. The one thing interfering almost every chance you had with Kageyama. You thought how different things would have been if he wasn't a professional athlete. You wouldn't be caught up reminiscing on the most intimate parts of your complicated relationship with Kageyama. You wouldn't be clutching your heart every time you thought about him. You wouldn't be so devastated knowing that he could never love you back.