Chapter 9: Avoid The Parent Challenge

(y/n) POV

¨Okay! Listen up, Oozmas. Now, we're to have to start winning together, so that I'm to need each of you guys to pull your own weight,¨ Mike said as the Oozmas, except for Sullivan and me, stood in front or on the stairs of a building.

Sullivan was leaned against a tree while I was hanging upside down on that tree that he is leaning on. I don't know what it is about me and trees, honestly.

¨Mike,¨ Squishy came out of nowhere beside Mike making him jump.

¨Deh! What is it?¨ Mike said as Squishy handed him a piece of paper.

¨We made a list of our strengths and weaknesses,¨ Mike looked at the paper in confusion.

¨In high school, I was the master of the silent scared. I could sneak up on a field mouse in a pillow factory,¨ Don said as he got on his knees and put his hands on the ground, and lifted them up, making a popping sound. ¨Sorry, they get stickier when I'm sweaty.¨

I giggled at the sight and Sullivan scoffed. I glared at him but he didn't see or just didn't care.

¨We're ancient experts of closeup magic,¨Terry said as he and Terri did a few card tricks and kept on making them disappear.

¨It's all about misdirection,¨ Terri said and did a little pose when the cards fell out of his sleeve. Terry sighed at what happened. Art then bumped in.

¨I have an extra toe, he, he, not with me of course,¨ Art frowned a little at that.

¨Guys, one slip up of the next event and we're goners. So for this to work, I'm gonna need to take every instinct you have,¨ Mike said as he raised his hand and then crumbled the paper and threw it away. ¨And bury it deep, deep down.¨

¨Done,¨ Art said with a straight face.

¨From now on, we are of one mind. My mind,¨ Mike said pointing to his brain.

¨Oh please,¨ Sullivan said with an eye roll. I growled a little at him to let him know that I mean business when someone hurts Mike. Sullivan became nervous and he should be.

¨I will tell exactly what to do, and how to do it,¨ Mike said as they all said similar things of ¨yes¨. ¨All right, give me scary steps. Fifty up and down right now, let's go.¨

¨You're wasting your time, we need a new team,¨ Sullivan said as he walked over to Mike. I flipped off from the branch and flew over to the two.

¨Tch, we can't just get a new team,¨ Mike said but then his face became serious. ¨I checked this morning it's against the rules.¨

¨What if we disguise the new team to look like the old team?¨

¨Oh, no, no, no. We are not cheating,¨ I say with a serious face.

¨Ït's not cheating, it's, you know, leveling the playing field,¨ Mike and I looked at him with the ¨really¨ look. ¨Okay, so it's kinda cheating. What do you want me to do?! They're not exactly the scariest group in the world.¨

¨Oh, a ladybug. Make a wish, make a wish!¨ Squishy said as a ladybug landed on his hand. Art closed his eyes, opened them, and blew on the ladybug making it fly away. They all laughed. I giggled at the sight. I turned around and looked at Sullivan.

¨Yeah, well, at least they mean well. Much more than you do, Sullivan,¨  I say with a glare.

¨This is not gonna work,¨ Sullivan says as he walks away.

¨Where are you going? We're training,¨ Mike exclaims. Sullivan turns around.

¨I'm a Sullivan.¨