Chapter 3: The First Sort-Of-Good-Day of MU

(A/N): So, I'm starting to write again. So, yay! I know I haven't been able to write but I've just been so busy lately here and there with school and sports and stuff like that. So, anyway, let's get on with the story.

~(Y/N) POV~

As I got to my room, I noticed that I don't have a roommate, all I have is a bed, a closet, a  bathroom, and a desk with a window in front of it. As I put my things down, I noticed a frat house with Greek letters on it that said ROR. Curios little me decided to check it out tomorrow night. But, right now, I need to get some sleep. 

As I lay down, I take out a necklace that I have kept to myself that no one knows about, not even Mike. It was half of a heart necklace that my ex gave me in high school before he cheated. I hope that I never see him again. With that, I fell asleep.  In the morning, I got up and put on this outfit. (Image below)

 (Image below)

The dress is a orange fiery color, black leggings, and black boots with short heels on them. The thing that stands out the most is the flames that erupt from the dress. It will start off as a small fire on the shoulders, but when frustrated it will spread to my hair and down to the back of my hands. You will literally have to pour water on me to cool down.

Oh, don't worry about the fire burning anything. It's only used as a scaring tactic :)

As me, Mike, and Randy walked to the Scaring School entrance, it looked like we had to touch the foot of the statue in the front. Afraid I might melt it, I touched it with the back of my hand. Mike had a little trouble since he's short. Randy had no problem. When we entered the building, it looked like a ballroom to dance the night away in. I smiled thinking that this is going to be a blast here.

"Wow," Mike said as he sat down in his seat. Two other monsters looked at him and silently laughed. "You've got to be kidding me," the female monster said. I got annoyed and I snapped at them. "Hey, you two! When you two get out of this place, right now, you'll both be fearing for your lives because of me. You're dealing with a Phoenix here! My kind has been here for thousands of years! From the Egyptians! I could easily light you two on fire, ya hear me? Good, nice talking to ya!" I said with a scowl on my face and then smiled at the end and looked back the other way. The fire on my dress grew hotter and brighter by the second. They got nervous and didn't say anything else but look the other way. The fire cooled down a bit.

"You didn't have to do that," Mike said looking at me with a smile. "Well, I did it anyway,"  I said lightly hitting his arm. Randall sat down beside Mike. "I'm so nervous!" he said with a scared look on his face. "Relax, it'll be fine," Mike says. Then, the teacher boomed, making Randall jump slightly. "Good morning, student. Welcome to Scaring 101. I am Prof. Knight," he said writhing on the chalkboard and then turning around and walking slowly towards us. "Now, I'm sure all of you were the 'scariest' monsters in your town Well, bad news kids. You're in my town now. And I do not scare easily-."

The teacher then got interrupted by light shining down on his face. He whimpered a little from shock. We all look up to a figure in the window. They then fly down past us, closing all the curtains except for one. As they landed behind the teacher, we all finally got a better look at the person. And I couldn't believe my eyes. "Dean Hardscrabble, this is a, uh, pleasant surprise?" Prof. Knight said slowly backing away as she walked around the large room, taking all of us in her sight, little by little. Everyone stared at her in shock. "She's a legend. She broke the all-time-scaring record with a scream in that very can!" Mike whispered to Randall. We watch her dust off her scream can.

"I don't mean to interrupt. I just thought I'd drop by to see the terrifying faces joining my program," she said looking at us all again, smiling a bit. "Well, I'm sure my students would love to hear a few words of... inspiration?" the teacher said smiling nervously at her. "'Inspiration'? Very well," she said looking at the crowd with a look that gives you chills. "Scariness is the true measurement of a monster. If you're not scary, what kind of a monster are you?"

She looked at the crowd only with her eyes as she walked around. Me, Mike, and Randall looked at her while thinking. "It's my job to make great students greater. Not make mediocre students less mediocre. That is why at the end of the semester, there will be a final exam. Fail that exam, then you are out of the scaring program," she said as she stopped walking and looked at us all. Everyone gasped in shock and whispered to each other. We looked at each other questioning some things. "So, I should hope you're all properly inspired," she said as she opened her wings and flew out of the window. Everyone was still shocked and whispering. "Alright, alright. Who can give me the properties of an effective roar?" the teacher asked the crowd. No one answered. Mike then raised his hand. "Yes?" "There are actually five. The roar's residents, the duration of the roar, and the-."

A loud roar was heard from the back entrance behind us, which made us all jump. We all look behind us and see a figured silhouette of a monster. When he stops, he then walks forward a bit. "Oop! Sorry, I heard someone say 'roar', so I just, you know, kind of went for it," was all he said before walking to an empty seat a few rows behind us while talking to some of the other students. "Very impressive, mister?" Knight said to the new student. "Sullivan, Jimmy Sullivan," he said still walking. "Sullivan? Like Bill Sullivan, the scarer?" the teacher said as the Sullivan kid got to his seat and just stood there. "Yeah, he's my dad," he says proudly. Everyone started to whisper in shock.

"I should've known. I expect big things from you," Knight said as Sullivan sat down. "Welp, you won't be disappointed," he said as he was smirking. Mike then spoke, "Uh, I'm sorry, sh-should I keep going?" He says as he was getting ready to sit down. "Nah Nah, Mr. Sullivan's coming in,"  he said pointing to Sullivan. He did double finger-guns and clicked his tongue. The teacher chuckled at that. "Everyone, take out your scaring textbooks, and open to chapter one," he said going back and acting as if nothing happened. Mike and I looked back at the new kid curiously. "Hey, bub, can I borrow a pencil? Forgot all my stuff," he said to a kid in front of him. They handed him the pencil, but only for it to be used for his teeth. This is gonna be a long and boring day. I can already tell when the Sullivan kid came in.