Chapter 1

Thea

I drove home as slowly as I could, dreading getting home. I watched the street lamps slowly disappear, the only light being my head lights. I pull into the gravel drive way, watching where my headlights shine. Our house was an old run down apartment, tan paint peeling off the siding, the front porch rotting away, and smashed windows. I swallow hard stepping out of my car.

I slowly open the front door, hoping just maybe the woman I call mom won't be here. Yet there she was sprawled out on the couch covered in beer bottles. The house reeked of alcohol and marijuana. I plugged my nose and ran up the stairs to my room.

I changed into my all black outfit, my black t- shirt and jeans. Lacing up my black combat boots, and adding my knife holster to my thigh.

On my way out I grabbed my black leather jacket off the coat rack, quietly slipping out the front door not to wake Victoria up

On my way out I grabbed my black leather jacket off the coat rack, quietly slipping out the front door not to wake Victoria up. (My mother)

I started the engine, driving back the same way I came. Street lights started coming into view again. The only thing I could think to do was go to the bar on the opposite side of town where I wouldn't see anyone I knew.

I parked my car and entered the bar, sitting at my usual stool.

****************************************

I turned my head to see a creepy man, probably in his 50's, staring at me. He came and sat on the stool next to me, still staring at me not braking his gaze.
He's seen me drink my two drinks, he must think I'm a light weight and I'm drunk because I'm a young girl. I hate men. Filthy and disgusting.

My hand was resting on the table next to my glass.
I watched as he took his hand out of his pocket and went to touch my hand. I quickly grabbed my knife with my free hand slicing his fingers off. He screamed in pain. "YOU BITCH."

All eyes turned to us as I laughed. The man left the bar screaming, I would assume going to the hospital, but who cares. I sipped my drink and heard a chuckle. I turned my head to see who's laugh it was.

It was a young mans, probably underage too. He has deadly green eyes, sharp features and light pink lips. His dark black hair was messy and his muscles showed through his black shirt. His arms were decorated in tattoos. He was meant to look intimidating.

I broke out of my thought when he sat on the stool next to me. "What did he do to you?" He asked me in a sassy tone.

"None of your fucking business." I hate nosy people, especially when they think they should know everything. I grabbed a napkin and wiped the old guys blood off my knife, polishing it. I placed it back into the black holster around my thigh. As I took a sip of my drink and got up to leave, I heard his annoying voice speak again.

"Cute."

"Fuck you." I said back as I walked out of the bar.

"Love you too babe."

I barely knew him and he made anger rise in me, he called me cute. I wanted to punch something. I am not fucking cute.