Chapter 4: The Lake

Zed told Kayn to ride a horse with Nakuri. The adept reached out his hand and helped him get at the ridge of the animal.

-Hug me at my waist - Nakuri said after a while, when he saw how unsure Kayn was.  - Our Master would order me wash every single one wall of the temple if You got lost.

The sudden passed by Kayn’s body.

-Is he that harsh? - the boy leaned out of the saddle to see Nakuri’s reaction.

-He’s righteous. - Nakuri said it without doubt.

Kayn watched closer to the adept. He had a pale complexion. His hair was blonde, and eyes were hazel. He wore the black robe with silver decorations on the sleeves. He had a hearty smile.

- We’re going. - The students heard the order of the master. His horse started to slowly walk away to the forest’s way.

Despite the fears, he chose as reckless a choice as the last time, Kayn stood calm. He was intrigued by Zed's offer. He felt pride and being appreciated, in spite, he didn’t understand what made Zed interested in him. But Kayn knew that master could recognize a fighter with potential.

I’ve sworn to obey him, when I took him for a master. But at first I wished to gain his respect. I want to use the chance I was given by him.

The Ionia’s air was brisk. It was completely different from this one he knew from Noxus. The forest they passed by was teeming with life. Kayn still saw little bunnies who looked with interest at passersby. They stood at rear feet to see humans as a whole. At the Ionian ground everything seemed to have reason to be.

I hope that I’ll be able to find the reason as well. - Kayn was praying.
They reached a monastery until dusk. Kayn has never seen something like this before. The building was surrounded by white brick walls. The way to the door was built up with black marble tiles. The entrance was made of dark-brown, decorated oak wood. The monastery’s walls were built up with matte, black brick. At the left of the entrance were thermal springs. Kayn felt very excited when he got aware that this was the place where he’ll live. He’ll belong here. Since tonight. Behind the monastery was a stable. They led their horses there.

-Nakuri - Zed called him gently.

-Yes, Master? - the adept instantly turned his head to Zed’s side.

- I want you to show around Kayn at our Order. Start from the bathroom. He should wash away his Noxian past. Maffy - Zed turned in front of the red-haired student. He looked back with a question in his eyes. - Prepare the clothes for Kayn. Leave them in the backroom.

- Of course, Master. - Nakuri and Maffy said then they put their hands together and they made the bow.

- Good luck - Zed told Kayn.

- Thank you for the chance, master. - He said and he tried to greet Zed like others did. He failed. Master petted his head and he walked away to the dark corridor.

Nakuri felt a bit unsure in Kayn’s company when they were alone. He tried to keep distance. Nakuri was witness of Kayn’s persistence and his strength. The bodies of dead people were evidence. The Noxian boy got his respect in this way.

- That’s here. - Nakuri said, when they reached the bathroom. He saw Maffy whose face was surrounded by robes. The red-haired gave it to Kayn.

- May I talk with Nakuri for a moment? - Maffy asked. Kayn didn’t object.

- Zed was right, didn’t he? - Maffy asked after a while.
- What do you mean? - Nakuri said, and his hazel eyes burned.

- He has something unusual. I don’t know how to describe it. Maybe a spark?