Chapter 4

Khanyisile sat in her front desk and chair next to the window  listening attentively to the teacher who was busy telling them when they had to collect thier mid-term reports . The other students were making noises as the teacher talked. 

It was this gig that most students were going to attend tonight as they would be celebrating that they had finally going for a break.

Mrs Mabuza brought her spectacles to her eye as she brought the papers to her face and gave one last glance to the newsletters that were in her hands .

She had on a princess vest and a pencil skirt with a pair of matching heels . She had her natural African char caol balck her in a tight high bun and applied some hair line to make beautiful patterns of her hairline . Her heart shaped necklcae hung perfectly on her bust .

Khayisile watched as the dry leaves were blown by the wind outside the class room. They were dry and had no life just like she felt right now. She felt the pain they did.  Being blown away by the winds and storms of life just like a lifeless leave with brown colour.

She was startled back to reality when she heard an arm around her shoulder.  She looked up to her English and class teacher brishinh her shoulder a little and she gave her a smile of pity. That is how most of them looked at her . They pitied her all the time and she didn't want that.

"Are you okay ", she asked in a low voice and you could sense the concern in her voice.

She gentle nodded and forced a smile just to avoid being asked too many quetsions. But deep down she knew that she wasn't okay and she would never be .When would they stop treating her like that instead of a normal human being. She  dipised it.

She looked up the window and saw big fluffy pregnanat clouds gather in the clouds . She knew that this meant a cyclonic rain this afternoon.

'I would have to get home before it rains ', she thought to herself.

Mrs Mabuza took a seat on the chair as soon as she finished giving the letters to each one of them but she was still staring out of the window.

She wondered how it would be like to be up there on those clouds and be care free and on the fluffy comfortable cotton white clouds. Forget about the past and no one to judge you or talk behind your back beacuse pf your past .She got lost in her thoughts and placed her  head in her hands.

"Look at her ", another one said behind her but she was far away from here to hear a thing they said .

They kept on talking behind her but she didn't hear a thing they said . She was lost high up in those clouds, deep in thoughts, asking questions she wouldn't have answers for even if she wanted to so badly. The ones that would get her out of  the cage she was in.  She was insearch of her freedom not her past kept her locked in the darkness that was within her was dark enough to make the light illuminate only a small part of her and would soon go off.

She held the bands of her school bag and went striaght to get a taxi to take her home.  She quickened her foot steps until she heard a familiar female voice call out her name . Even though there was a lot of noise of bus and kombi horns honking and bus conductors whistling she knew who that  voice belonged to. She immediately stopped in her tracks and blinked a couple of times before turning on her heel it it was her . Sje widened her eyes in disbelief and cringed her eyebrows.

But what was she doing here? She wasn't supposed to be here?