admissions

okay so

in november 2019 i turned 16, which means that i was in the graduating class of 2020. 

we were supposed to get a prom, leavers day etc, but because miss rona happened, all that got cancelled.

fast forward to august 2020 past our ruined summer holiday, i was receiving my gcse results. these would determine what college i got into, i had applied for hills road and long road in cambridge, as they were the closest sixth form colleges to me, hills road ultimately being the best public college in england.

i sat back down in the car, with my dad next to me and opened the brown envelope containing my results.

----------

NAME: Victoria Kay 

Candidate Number: 8294

College Reference Number: 10387

GCSE Results:

English Literature - 6

English Language - 6

Mathematics - 9

Biology - 7

Chemistry - 7

Physics - 7

History - 5

Spanish - 6

Physical Education - 8

Further Mathematics - 9

Congratulations Year 11 - I know this year has been very unpredictable but all of us teachers hope you are happy with your results, and we wish you all the best for the future!

----------

what a fucking shitty send-off

"wish you all the best for the future!"

yeah suck my dick

i mean, I'm happy with the results i got cause i thought that i failed english and history but apparently not.

when i got home, my dog was the first to greet me as per usual. a five year old fox red labrador who still thinks like a puppy, like what I'm sorry, be more mature and act ur age pls xoxo

next was my mum. we don't have the best relationship but i guess thats what you get when two strong-willed people clash. she didn't even wait for me to take off my shoes before asking me what my results were.

she was very pleased. celebratory mcdonalds pending.

as for my younger brother, he didn't really care. when he heard i was back, he lifted his headset off one ear and asked if i got any nines, "congrats", and resumed swearing at the tv while killing zombies.

my dad turned to me, "right vicki, lets get your admission to hills sorted".

oh boy.

here we go