The Sacrifice

The four Heros are on their knees, along with all of their party fighting the Pope. They are in a desperate situation and need quick power.

Blood Sacrifice.
Naofumi realized the last resort, and thought about it, suddenly its chant floats into view.

“Answer my wish, God of Hell, i shall kill my opponent, and pay the price!”

“Blood Sacrifice!”

Gufu……
(Wh- What!?)

The moment he cast the skill, blood begins to explode from Naofumi's body, his muscles begin to tear and his bones start to creak.
(T-This is... That bastard.)

"This is what you get for defying god! Now perish."

The pope said while smiling as he sees Naofumi heavily injured, but the next instant a giant red and black steel trap appears under his feet.
Quite unlike a normal steel trap, this one has multiple layers. It looks like the ground grew a shark’s mouth, with the pope in the middle.

“Wha-"

Gatun! A sharp metal sound can be heard the instant the Pope is bitten by the steel trap.

“Gugyaaaaaaaa–“

The pope’s scream echoes out.
Red bloods splashes over the steel trap and causes it to shine.

“Something of this degree–“

The pope tries to take countermeasures, but the steel trap repeatedly opens and shuts, seeming as if it were ridiculing him.

“Guha……It was all… for……Go-God……”

The pope fires off a few skills, but the steel trap isn’t even scratched.
Two… Three cracks start to appear on the legendary weapon replica. As the fourth crack appears, a shattering sound can be heard, the Pope then gets eaten by the trap, blood starts to rain everywhere and then trap burries itself underground.

“……”

Everybody had thrir jaws open at the sight.

“Th- The Pope has been defeated by the Devil!”

The Three Heroes Church follower mutter while pointing at the crater.

“Yes… This is the end of the line for you lot as well.”

As the queen said that, the punitive force surrounds the Heroes Church remnants and captures them.
Now that the pope is gone our victory is certain, but…
As the punitive forces work, Naofumi slip off Filo and collapse.

“Master!?”

Filo holds Naofumi as quickly as she can as he was covered in blood.
The shield changed to the Chimeric Viper Shield by itself.

“What horrible wounds! Someone! Help master!”

A woman who looks like the commander of the punitive force runs towards Filo who was calling for help.

“Mother!?”

Melty exclaims in a high pitch towards the commander.
That reminds him……. The head of the punitive force looks like the person that was with Melty in the beginning.

He couldn’t get a good look because of the fan though.

“Your efforts this time were quite amazing. Hero of the Shield-sama.”

It might be because of her that the pope was trapped.

“Everybody! Treatment for Hero of the Shield-sama is top priority! This is a royal order. We must save Hero of the shield-sama’s life Without fail !”
“””Yes Ma’am!”””